Sage hit by major outage in South Africa

Sapphiron

Expert Member
I knew it, thanks for confirming.
beware that Xero and Quickbooks have similar programs.

Its just that many accountants who started with Pastel, simply did not look any further than the other Sage products.

Crowley

Executive Member
I find it a bit easier than Sage to be honest. Everything is straight forward and clients can accept your quotes from the web which is pretty nice.
My run with Xero has been nice but it seems like I will be changing again.

Xero is forcing 2FA which in itself isn't a problem except the website logs me out ofter 30 minutes of inactivity and there is no way to change that. It really blows my mind that they can incorporate 2FA but can't change the software so you can set your own timeout.

So, any ideas on where to go next?

airborne

Honorary Master
My run with Xero has been nice but it seems like I will be changing again.

Xero is forcing 2FA which in itself isn't a problem except the website logs me out ofter 30 minutes of inactivity and there is no way to change that. It really blows my mind that they can incorporate 2FA but can't change the software so you can set your own timeout.

So, any ideas on where to go next?
I've also experienced a similar thing with another product, when you query it they say it's for your own safety... ok but I'm an adult so let me choose...

The worst is when you are in a big rush to do something, like someone is on the phone and needs info asap and suddenly you realise you've been logged out have to go through 2FA and wait for the sms or email to get back in. What a schlep.

airborne

Honorary Master
How did Sage eventually make their way out of this mess and did they hemorrhage users after it died down?