• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Sage Pastel

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Hey, do any of you perhaps know where I can get a really cheap version of Pastel for a student, or perhaps someone has a license they're not using? A family member is starting an internship and she will be using Pastel, but has no experience with it.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Hey, do any of you perhaps know where I can get a really cheap version of Pastel for a student, or perhaps someone has a license they're not using? A family member is starting an internship and she will be using Pastel, but has no experience with it.
I recall we got some sort of student edition thing for varsity so they exist but not sure where to get them. I think the low end non-students are pretty cheap too though.

I'd be a bit wary of her simply having a go at the software though. The way the software works you miss out completely on the double entry part of it. Or put differently it works better if you start from first principles (accounting basics) and then learn the software because you can't deduce the principles from the software.

If she already has accounting knowledge then I wouldn't bother - she can pick up the software / UI part on the fly.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
I recall we got some sort of student edition thing for varsity so they exist but not sure where to get them. I think the low end non-students are pretty cheap too though.

I'd be a bit wary of her simply having a go at the software though. The way the software works you miss out completely on the double entry part of it. Or put differently it works better if you start from first principles (accounting basics) and then learn the software because you can't deduce the principles from the software.

If she already has accounting knowledge then I wouldn't bother - she can pick up the software / UI part on the fly.
Thanks, that actually makes sense! :)

signates

Expert Member
You can download V12 and V11 from their website http://www.sage.com/za/support/product-support/sage-pastel-accounting

I can also send you the latest version. All versions can be run in demo mode that limits the number of transactions that can be processed but no limitations on functionality.

I also have a few training licenses I can sell that will include the training manual and access to their online exam to get their official Pastel accredited certificate.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
[MENTION=85776]signates[/MENTION], thanks. Let me run the idea of the free version by her later and find out if she'd like to do the accreditation, after which I'll buy a license from you.