Sage products - tips, tricks, development and improvement suggestions

froot

Honorary Master
Please whoever is working on development on Sage VIP, please get it into the 21st century.

Sage VIP and Sage Evolution are like chalk and cheese, even more like chalk dust.

Graphical report writer would be nice.
By Sage VIP as above you are referring to Premier I presume.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
By Sage VIP as above you are referring to Premier I presume.
We're on Classic. I'm assuming the interface is pretty much the same, with additional features on Premier?

Scared to ask but where does Sage ERP fit in? Does this thread apply?
All Sage products welcome :). ERP is a step up from what we use at our company i.e. Sage Evolution.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Product | Version | Suggestion

Sage VIP

Classic 4.4b

Re-enabling terminated employee account

AirWolf

Honorary Master

Sage VIP

Classic 4.4b

When editing a batch, when you select a line, you can't select any other line if you made an error in your first selection.

AirWolf

Honorary Master

Sage VIP

Classic 4.4b

Option on the 12 month report to not print lines that your selected earnings/deductions/etc does not apply to.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Product | Version | Question

Sage Evolution

Doing a customised accounts receivable statement. How do you get the first line of the delivery address onto the statement?
This address is visible in the Sales Order Maintenance screen (viewing orders/invoices) in the column Address1.

Can't seem to find such an address option in the available fields in the statement options in the design screen.
NB. The account that I am doing this statement for has 20> delivery addresses.

AirWolf

Honorary Master

Sage VIP

Classic 4.4b

When entering new employees the tab key sequence is buggered. Goes from "Gender" to "Continue" button, then back to "Title". All fields after "Gender" are on a seperate loop even though they have 2 more required fields to continue.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
My client has requested that they filter the selection via Payment Date - presumably the latest payment on any invoices. Is there any way to achieve this? There is no parameter to achieve this in the preset parameters.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
My client has requested that they filter the selection via Payment Date - presumably the latest payment on any invoices. Is there any way to achieve this? There is no parameter to achieve this in the preset parameters.
Product / version / module / report?

AirWolf

Honorary Master

Sage Evolution

Admin utilities - cosmetic changes to source documents - what determines which source document shows in the list? All invoices show, but not all credit notes seem to show.

AirWolf

Honorary Master

Sage Evolution

Admin utilities - cosmetic changes to source documents - what determines which source document shows in the list? All invoices show, but not all credit notes seem to show.
This seems to be a "safety" mechanism in the program that source documents emailed immediately are not later editable.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Sage VIP 4.5a

New PDF file (instead of the old view on screen) creates Adobe processes that don't terminate. You have to kill those processes in task manager before you can open any PDF file after creating one on VIP.

Win10 Pro.
Adobe Reader DC (default for opening PDF documents).
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Sage VIP 4.5a Classic

Problem exporting garnishee orders. Only exports the first garnishee on employees with multiple garnishees.

Need to check how far back the problem started when back at the office tomorrow.

**Suspect it started after I installed 4.5a in November.**

Called the call centre earlier - they said I should extract the 4.5a patch to the VIP classic folder, which I did - problem still exists.
We are using FNB though and not Standard Bank which the patch notes referred to.

Any ideas?