Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Pfizer vaccine approved for teenagers in South Africa

South Africa approved Pfizer Inc.’s vaccine for use for children aged 12 and over, a boost to the country’s immunization program.

"This was as a consequence of the review of updated safety and efficacy information submitted as conditions of Section 21 initially authorised on 16 March 2021," Boitumelo Semete, the CEO of the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (Sahpra) said in a statement.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Why though? The risk of getting ill in that age category is practically non-existent.
I remember seeing this:

More kids died from shooting in one city, Chicago, than have died from Covid across the entire US.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
The delta variant changed this. Kids are dying now.
Delta's overall fatality rate is less than prior variants, kids are getting infected now, not dying in larger numbers than before

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to be approving vaccines, nor using vaccines, for anyone this young for this particular pandemic

Makes one wonder what SAHPRA's true intentions are, are they as bought and corrupt as the WHO?

also curious how Pfizer is approved for kids, yet none of the 100+ other vaccines are approved aside from the clot-causing Astrazeneca & J&J ... Sinovac approved for trials in kids, yet not approved for use in adults yet in ZA?!? Something is seriously amiss with SAHPRA

WalkWithMe

Why though? The risk of getting ill in that age category is practically non-existent.
I remember seeing this:

More kids died from shooting in one city, Chicago, than have died from Covid across the entire US.
Oh wow so you mix death and getting ill. Many teens including my daughter got it, probably Delta. 2 months later she is only back, her friends also got sick, out for weeks. We not talking sniffs. They were sick.

I was fully vaccinated and saved me. My daughter is a super fit provincial athlete and missed national qualifies as a result. This has put her back big time…

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Oh wow so you mix death and getting ill. Many teens including my daughter got it, probably Delta. 2 months later she is only back, her friends also got sick, out for weeks. We not talking sniffs. They were sick.

I was fully vaccinated and saved me. My daughter is a super fit provincial athlete and missed national qualifies as a result. This has put her back big time…
Cute. We gonna bypass facts and talk anecdotes?

My son is 15 and my nephew is 12, they both got corona. Both are perfectly fine and had mild to zero symptoms.

Your turn.

Lemme just hit up some facebook friends for some stories from my auntie's neighbours dog's groomer's cousin for you as well.

JohnMao

Executive Member
I remember seeing this:

It's for children with comorbidities. S21 (just asked my spouse who got the notification). So if your child is healthy they cannot force it on you.

Last edited:

JohnMao

Executive Member
I remember seeing this:

Nope, kids get Delta but not with the same severity as adults. I've heard of a few peoples'kids who have had it, but generally last 1-3 days, whilst the parents are out for 10-14 days.

Park@82

Honorary Master
It's for children with comorbidities. S21 (just asked my spouse who got the notification). So if your child is healthy they cannot force it on you.
What do you mean with "force it on you"? At gunpoint? Probably not. They may just make your life hell if you dont...

Well, technically. Anything is possible with this lot running the government. They never listen to logic.
Prediction: It wont just happen here.

The_MAC

Executive Member
This is an interesting twist..

1) Children with comorbidities are good candidates i.e. Diabetes
2) If it's safe for adults, surely it should be safe for kids - kids already receive 15+ vaccines from birth onwards
3) Statistically children are super resilient and low risk - all 3 of my sub-6 year old's had it and were fine 24hrs later

It's almost like my pro-vaxx and anti-vaxx personas are in conflict with one another

Park@82

Honorary Master
This is an interesting twist..

1) Children with comorbidities are good candidates i.e. Diabetes
2) If it's safe for adults, surely it should be safe for kids - kids already receive 15+ vaccines from birth onwards
3) Statistically children are super resilient and low risk - all 3 of my sub-6 year old's had it and were fine 24hrs later

It's almost like my pro-vaxx and anti-vaxx personas are in conflict with one another
My 2 x sub 6 year olds also only had the sniffles for a day or two...

I have the feeling that some who are cheering all of this along may one day regret it.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Delta's overall fatality rate is less than prior variants, kids are getting infected now, not dying in larger numbers than before

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to be approving vaccines, nor using vaccines, for anyone this young for this particular pandemic

Makes one wonder what SAHPRA's true intentions are, are they as bought and corrupt as the WHO?

also curious how Pfizer is approved for kids, yet none of the 100+ other vaccines are approved aside from the clot-causing Astrazeneca & J&J ... Sinovac approved for trials in kids, yet not approved for use in adults yet in ZA?!? Something is seriously amiss with SAHPRA
Yup all a lot of politically driven crap. SAHPRA is totally driven by political sentiment.