Salary deducted as form of punishment.

The_MAC

Executive Member
We did not involve them. They also work there and her warning was handed to her infront of everyone.

I am approaching them because they do not listen to her and won't allow her to complete a sentence.
Are you sure it's not just for show, a smoke-screen of some sorts?

theHAYwired1

Thanks to everyone. An email was sent to them stating that she accepts the warning but that the salary deduction is against the law. Reason for emailing is because they make a habit of mixing business with family and I believe that that was the cause. Being mother one moment but boss the next does not work.

We are looking for her to not work there anymore. She has some alternative incomes that are taking off and this might just be the nudge for doing those full time.

gamer16

Executive Member
I've been offered a job for my brother in law numerous times, even nowadays they still complain I should come work for them. Threads like this make me glad I never did.

Mist4h20

I've been offered a job for my brother in law numerous times, even nowadays they still complain I should come work for them. Threads like this make me glad I never did.
I worked for/under my brother in law (not his business) a long while back, no drama on my end. We are both pretty chilled people so we got along just fine, cant recall even one issue despite me leaving the soldering iron on the whole night and almost burning the place down...I suppose we wouldn't have been laughing if it was his business, If I recall correctly he said the shop would have been better off (insurance)

gamer16

Executive Member
I worked for/under my brother in law (not his business) a long while back, no drama on my end. We are both pretty chilled people so we got along just fine, cant recall even one issue despite me leaving the soldering iron on the whole night and almost burning the place down...I suppose we wouldn't have been laughing if it was his business, If I recall correctly he said the shop would have been better off (insurance)
Sounds like a good arrangement, can't imagine it would be the same for me, we don't get along I've noticed in the little bits of work we have done together.

theHAYwired1

What if she's properly qualified and the best candidate for the job?
She started as a trainee and has proven herself in the job and is very capable in what she does. That being said there can't be any nepotism because everyone working there is family.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
She started as a trainee and has proven herself in the job and is very capable in what she does. That being said there can't be any nepotism because everyone working there is family.
Post was directed at the guy with the unfounded post.

beans100

Honorary Master
What if she's properly qualified and the best candidate for the job?
:unsure: so no outside people get in, only family gets preference.....ok, no nepotism detected

theHAYwired1

Update. The response to the email was positive. They are listening to my wife so she can talk to them. There will be no salary deductions.

We are still looking for her to get a different job.

Thanks for the advice on the legality.

Urist

Expert Member
Let it slide, she'll get the money they saved on her when they kick the bucket. Dragging them to the CCMA means she gets nothing when that happens.

HP96

Hi Everyone.

My wife is employed by her parents. On Monday she had an argument with them and did not stop arguing when she was told to stop.

As a result of this they have given her a final written warning for gross insubordination. We accepted this as she knows her actions were wrong.

The part that bothers us is that they are deducting 3 days worth of salary as the punishment. From what I have been able to find on Google it is against the law to do this.

Please advise us on whether this action is permissible.

Thanks

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
i also need to know xD
Something I've seen in the past...
P = Parent C = child
P: "What the f**k is going on here?"
C: "I did what you told me to do"
P: "Are you mad, that's not what I said"
C: "You told me, here it is, in writing"
P: "That was not me you fabricated it"
C" "f**k you, I have had enough of your crap, always paying me shyte, and expecting all this work and long hours"
P: "f** you too, watch this space, I will f**k you up"

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Something I've seen in the past...
P = Parent C = child
P: "What the f**k is going on here?"
C: "I did what you told me to do"
P: "Are you mad, that's not what I said"
C: "You told me, here it is, in writing"
P: "That was not me you fabricated it"
C" "f**k you, I have had enough of your crap, always paying me shyte, and expecting all this work and long hours"
P: "f** you too, watch this space, I will f**k you up"
nah this is something specific she acknowledged being wrong, and the brother did the same thing the next day. imo it is money related