Samsung A34 firmware question

Could be the orignal owner stopped paying as guys here said could happen, so vodacom blacklisted emei
if sim2 goes im really borked.
you may find its like an Edgars phone that was open and then registered to whichever network you chose and the guy didnt pay his account .

So chatted to MTN, asked them to check emei and its not blacklisted just carrier locked to Vodacom.
Agent said when contract is up and paid they sometimes unlock the phone to all carriers which I doubt.

3. The Offer

3.1 The Vodacom Dual SIM Network Locked Device offering allows customers to purchase any Dual SIM Network locked device on the network.

3.2 The device will be locked on Vodacom's network for a period of 12/24/30/36 month’s dependant on your device plan type.

3.2.1 Prepaid customers can however request an unlock code from Vodacom only after 24 months from activating a network locked device

3.3 Customers will not be charged for an unlock code, however customer need to request and unlock code from Vodacom via 082135.

3,3. Unlocking of devices may take up-to 48 hours from the unlock code request time

3.4 An active Vodacom SIM must be inside the device at all times.

3.5 Primary sim slot will be locked on the Vodacom network and can only use active Vodacom SIMs.

3.6 Secondary sim slot can be used for other network SIMs.

Guys receommend I get a prepaid vodacom sim for sim1, then phone and vodacom will be happy going forward.
Live and learn.

So chatted to MTN, asked them to check emei and its not blacklisted just carrier locked to Vodacom.
Agent said when contract is up and paid they sometimes unlock the phone to all carriers which I doubt.
As mentioned before, I got a Samsung A34 for my SO and he is using a Capitec sim in sim slot 1. Phone works perfect. This phone is not locked to Vodacom. His phone never had a Vodacom sim in even.

As mentioned before, I got a Samsung A34 for my SO and he is using a Capitec sim in sim slot 1. Phone works perfect. This phone is not locked to Vodacom. His phone never had a Vodacom sim in even.
If not network locked and not blacklisted what do you reckon it could be?

Getting message I cannot start a conversation with this person.
And here is your problem

Black/Grey List InformationCurrently Blacklisted/Greylisted (350957***43068: Blacklisted Date:04 Feb 2024, ITC Ref No.:36554627)

The second IMEI you provided appears to be clear

And here is your problem

Black/Grey List InformationCurrently Blacklisted/Greylisted (350957***43068: Blacklisted Date:04 Feb 2024, ITC Ref No.:36554627)

The second IMEI you provided appears to be clear
Yip, was warned about that happening.

Back