Samsung Galaxy A Series (2019)

game@holic

Got a linky link? or details of where you got it?

Does it have a lip that prevents the screen from coming into contact with a surface when placed screen down?
Got a linky link? or details of where you got it?

Does it have a lip that prevents the screen from coming into contact with a surface when placed screen down?
A few of us at work ordered it online from spigen.com as we have A50s. I have attached a pic so you can see. Very good looking case and protection is amazing. I used spigen on all my phones since the galaxy S2

61c3xIhOu3L._SX425_.jpg

chefdude98

Expert Member
I experienced the GPS issue for the first time on Saturday. Google maps was basically stuck. I had to restart the phone & it was fine after that.

My A30 received an update yesterday. It was about 450mb.It mentioned camera improvements & June security patch.

It feels a little snappier & fingerprint sensor seems faster. Hopefully the gps issue is sorted.

Mobus

Ps. I see some self healing screen protectors for R150 on onedayonly. Next 2 hours only.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The fine print reads 36 months. It's actually not a good price at all considering you are binding yourself for 3 years.

The cost overall is just over R16k on contract and the phone retails for R11 800 on takealot.
No ****. Hence I said "hard pass".

Mobus

Who else thinks the A80's popup camera wont last more than 2 to 3 years?

Volksieboi

Expert Member
ok i was worried that my ad blocker might be the cause...

Doesnt look like this is a carrier issue but rather samsung not pushing the updates to the various countries.

Obviously india is their main concern as they are competing with Xiaomi that puts out updates regularly...

I'll see if i can reach out to samsung and post the response here

Volksieboi

Expert Member
From Samsung

Thank-you for contacting Samsung Electronics.
Your reference number for your enquiry is: 2198435181

This is to acknowledge receipt of your email

Trust this mail finds you well.

To help improve our service, you will receive a short survey to rate your customer experience on this email interaction.

Please be advised that the security patch updates are not sent out often, only when the device needs the security patch.

Please advise if further assistance is required.

If you would like any further information or assistance, please feel free to contact us on 0860-SAMSUNG (726-7864) or clickon the contact us link at the bottom of this e-mail.

Kind Regards
TL

ronz91

Expert Member
From Samsung

Thank-you for contacting Samsung Electronics.
Your reference number for your enquiry is: 2198435181

This is to acknowledge receipt of your email

Trust this mail finds you well.

To help improve our service, you will receive a short survey to rate your customer experience on this email interaction.

Please be advised that the security patch updates are not sent out often, only when the device needs the security patch.

Please advise if further assistance is required.

If you would like any further information or assistance, please feel free to contact us on 0860-SAMSUNG (726-7864) or clickon the contact us link at the bottom of this e-mail.

Kind Regards
TL
Okay then. So I'm just as lost I was before that response.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Okay then. So I'm just as lost I was before that response.
My thoughts exactly

I followed up by asking why, security updates aside, are they pushing updates that include camera and fingerprint scanner enhancements but not to all regions.

Lets wait and see