Samsung Galaxy A Series ( 2019)

Dee96

Hi all

Does the A50 support Samsung Pay?
The app store says it's not compatible but the articles says it is

Tector

Hi

Did you get yours from Telkom or Cell C or some other outlet ?

Do you know if your A50 has the XFA or XFE firmware ?

Telkom has the A50 priced much cheaper than Cell C on an outright cash purchase, so I want to get it from Telkom, but use it on the Cell C network.
I'm wondering if Wifi Calling will work on the Cell C network if the phone is purchased from Telkom, since it would not be a Cell C issued unit. That is the reason for my questions above.

Thank you
Telkom, Cell C and MTN should all sell the XFA version and between any of those networks VoWiFi and VoLTE should work. Only on the Vodacom XFV software other networks VoWiFi and VoLTE won't work but only their own. Not sure about XFE. Never saw any SA network issue a Samsung with that software, even Samsung stores sell the XFA version

Porsche Driver

Telkom, Cell C and MTN should all sell the XFA version and between any of those networks VoWiFi and VoLTE should work. Only on the Vodacom XFV software other networks VoWiFi and VoLTE won't work but only their own. Not sure about XFE. Never saw any SA network issue a Samsung with that software, even Samsung stores sell the XFA version
Thank you for the above clarification.

Would appreciate it if any A50 owner with XFA version firmware could check if VoWiFi (Wifi Calling) is working on their device when using the Cell C network . . .

game@holic

Thank you for the above clarification.

Would appreciate it if any A50 owner with XFA version firmware could check if VoWiFi (Wifi Calling) is working on their device when using the Cell C network . . .
I have an XFA phone and enabled the feature. I made a call but while the call worked I had no way of knowing if it was an actual wifi call. How do I know that the actual wifi calling feature was used instead of the mobile data/network?

What actually confirms that it was a wifi call?

Tector

I have an XFA phone and enabled the feature. I made a call but while the call worked I had no way of knowing if it was an actual wifi call. How do I know that the actual wifi calling feature was used instead of the mobile data/network?

What actually confirms that it was a wifi call?
These are the signs to look out for but it is different on each device and network. 20190509_084431.jpeg 20190509_084447.jpeg 20190509_084501.jpeg

Dee96

As far as I am aware only the A70 and A80 will support Samsung Pay
That is really silly. The A50 has NFC and is newer than most phones that already support Samsung Pay.

Most articles state it does, I hope it's not a regional block

ronz91

Expert Member
when did the thread name change?

Just got a notification that a software upgrade is available for my Telkom A50.

Edit: it's the March update with a couple of improvements, not the April one.

michellej

Expert Member
My mom got herself a A30 after her beloved s7e died. Wow... Its a nice phone for the price especially. She is very very happy