Samsung Galaxy A30s - Awesome features at a great price

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Samsung Galaxy A30s - Awesome features at a great price

Samsung recently refreshed its lineup of Galaxy A Series devices with the launch of its Galaxy A30s and Galaxy A50s handsets, which add even more features while shipping at around the same price as the previous versions.

The most impressive of these two devices is the Samsung Galaxy A30s, due to its attractively-low price tag and flagship-level specifications.

Totempole

Expert Member
Has any one noticed that the "s" versions of the A series are slightly cut back in terms of processing power? Sure they add new features which makes the phone much better value, but it comes at a small performance haircut.

Edit... I see that the above only applies to the A10s and A20s.

A30s has the same processor as the A30. It does however seem that the A30s may not have Corning Gorilla Glass, and it also doesn't sport the full HD screen of the A30. :confused:

Last edited:

Totempole

Expert Member
Very happy with my A30s, for the price.
Is the A30s cheaper than the A30?

It has decent specs across the board, but if it's in the A30 price range, anything less than a full HD panel is a bit of a deal-breaker.

Gazg

It has decent specs across the board, but if it's in the A30 price range, anything less than a full HD panel is a bit of a deal-breaker.
A30 is discontinued, A30s has replaced it.

Azg

Expert Member

The A30s has a lower resolution screen than its predecessor (A30), but a better camera.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Has any one noticed that the "s" versions of the A series are slightly cut back in terms of processing power? Sure they add new features which makes the phone much better value, but it comes at a small performance haircut.

Edit... I see that the above only applies to the A10s and A20s.

A30s has the same processor as the A30. It does however seem that the A30s may not have Corning Gorilla Glass, and it also doesn't sport the full HD screen of the A30. :confused:
I looked into the A30s and was surprised that it isn't a straight upgrade on the A30.

Nivs

How can the A30s really be considered an upgrade from A30 when they've downgraded the screen resolution? A full HD display is the norm among midrange phones.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Yea, I got the old A30 before this came out simply due to the screen resolution.

It's camera sucks but my old s7 edge is always there if I want 4k video :ROFL:

mr_norris

Expert Member
How can the A30s really be considered an upgrade from A30 when they've downgraded the screen resolution? A full HD display is the norm among midrange phones.
Downgraded the hardware, upped the price (as the A30 was going for R3800 on special). I don't see the value for money here.

Totempole

Expert Member
The A30s has a lower resolution screen than its predecessor (A30), but a better camera.
I looked into the A30s and was surprised that it isn't a straight upgrade on the A30.
The A?0s range is definitely cost cut in some areas, but there are some upgrades. I wouldn't expect it to be cheaper but at the least the same price.

ronz91

Expert Member
I don't like the trade off of lower resolution screen for in screen FP sensor.

I really like my A50 tho

Lance ABC

I had the A30, it was fantastic but did have a slight pause, but screen was pure heaven everyone was blown away by my photos and battery was forever. It was taken from me in a mugging.

So i got a A30s hell did not expect the screen to be worse than my kids Y5 phone....not quite as good as well on the battery either , standby is fine but screen time lags i dont care what anyone says....yes the lettle extra memory is nice but SD cards can solve that issue had i known before i purchased i would have got the A50 for R1000 more which now is a bargain, i must say the A30s sound quality could be slightly better than the A30 which might have to do with the back of phone finger sensor which worked very well and also functioned as a setting drop down function very nice. The finger sensor on the A30s works rather well and the phone wakes up quickly and is faster than a A30 both cameras are great..however the phone with the better camera has the poor quality screen ....think uncle Sam think i am not dumb ....i am smart.

Do buy this phone , the screen is eye strain 2nd to nothing, find a 2nd hand A30 or pay the extra for A50 i was extremely upset totally tricked because i thought i was getting a A30 with more memory and finger sensor on the front instead i got yesterday's chipset and a screen unfit for use even my old blackberry blasts this phone screen into the ground, while with the A30 even with the delay I was a happy camper because my phones looked cool even with the 16MP camera because of the better screen. I recomend the A50 anytime as the best phone to get. I would happily swap my phone right now and pay R1000...