Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Rumours and leaks

BlackJack1301

I am seeing a lot of people downplaying the new Note, i came in with the same mindset a couple of weeks ago, but honestly there are a lot of things that look really good to me.

Dex on Windows - that is a game changer to me, no one used Dex and for good reason, but this is something i will definitely use, controlling your phone from PC, having them run concurrently and seamlessly, this alone is a big step up.
The 3D scanner option seems really interesting and if done properly gives us the option to scan and 3d print objects better than before.
Video editing built in seems good and the upgrades made to video capturing
The auto cataloging your notes and having them indexed and searchable, or option to convert to text and export is huge
The Galaxy Link Play thing looks really promising, i hope.

These are things that i can remember that are pretty good upgrades.

I know no head phone jack, but let's face it, once you do go wireless it is a pain to go back and this is the way of the future, so get nice wireless earphones and get over it.

SoTrue

Expert Member
I think I am going to keep my Note 8 for a while and wait for the 5G version. I realise this is dependable on 5G rollout in SA.

jax_maxit

I am impressed! The last time I carried a flagship phone was back in 2011 when I had my Blackberry Bold.

Since converting to Android, I've always had midrange devices. My needs have shifted and I also take a lot of notes and use Google Sheets quite extensively. I'm sure the stylus will be handy.

I also want to play a few games with high graphic demands like the latest F1 (my current Xiaomi barely meets the minimum specs to be playable) so that will be a bonus.
I will also tinker with the PS2 emulator for Android just for fun.
I am also thinking of starting a vlog channel on YouTube in the next year so that camera and default editing ability will hopefully come in handy.

My contract ends early 2020 so by then Samsung will prove how good the Note 10 is since it will be in public use.

Crowley

Executive Member
I know no head phone jack, but let's face it, once you do go wireless it is a pain to go back and this is the way of the future, so get nice wireless earphones and get over it.
I don't use headphones with my phone but I do use the headphone jack to connect to the aux port on the radio in the car so for me it is a big thing until I buy a new car.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Any reason why the thread has received so little traction?
I think it’s a reflection of where smartphones are now and the industry in general.

5 years ago this phone would have been mind blowing, particularly with the Note10+ having 12GB RAM, but we have seen this before, the Galaxy S10+ 1TB, OnePlus 7 Pro, Huawei P30 Pro, ASUS ROG Phone 2 etc.... have all brought big hardware upgrades and it seems there just isn’t enough to entice everyone in the Note10, I am particularly disappointed that Samsung did not go all out on the Camera and at least try match Huawei in Zoom and Low Light photography.

It’s a great device, amongst many other great devices, lol.

With the above said, this thing looks sweet and the Note10+ 512GB is I’m sure every spec lovers dream, a few years ago I would have jumped at the opportunity of owning that beast.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Why aren't Samsung and the lot introducing 60+ hz displays yet?
The hilarious part is that the 90Hz Displays are Samsung’s panels in the OnePlus 7 Pro
Ice Universe made a big joke about Samsun giving away top Hardware and not putting it in their phones:

They probably have not introduced them due to Power Consumption. Can you imagine how large the Note10+ battery would need to be with a 90Hz refresh rate? They’d have to do 4500mAh minimum, considering how large the display is already.

bratwurst

Expert Member
Can you imagine how large the Note10+ battery would need to be with a 90Hz refresh rate? They’d have to do 4500mAh minimum, considering how large the display is already.
The 10+ screen is a whole .13inches taller than the 7 pro. I'm getting 6-8SOT on the 7 pro.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
The 10+ screen is a whole .13inches taller than the 7 pro. I'm getting 6-8SOT on the 7 pro.
Yeah, maybe for Samsung it simply wasn’t enough, they probably have a newer version of the panel that they’ll put in a newer model.

We hav seen Samsung do this before e.g. give their best Display panels to Apple for the iPhone X in 2017.

It’s all business at the end off the day and I am sure companies like Apple and OnePlus pay a hefty premium to get these pieces of tech first.

We may never know why they do what they do.