Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Rumours and leaks

corwill

Thanks, good to know they are all uninstallable. I am on MTN with data through Afrihost's platform so VC wouldn't be of use to me.

I asked if the stock was local and they confirmed the firmware was XFA.
"The device is local, (XFA)."

So then I asked confirmation that it's 'vanilla' local Samsung, no splash and apps from local telco's added, they responded
"Hi the phone has Vodacom bootscreen"

Not sure why it would have a VC splash, but these are the crypticly short responses I get, you'd swear we're back to limited 160 character responses... :cautious:
Firstly, look at my screenshot below.
It's a screen shot of my software info.
I have a Note10+, Vodacom branded.
stock, no root and on latest Samsung firmware.
My CSC is....... XFV/XFV/XFV

Even though, CSC /XFA, is a multi CSC, that includes
XFV and XFE and you can flash above etc,
I have found from experience, that
if it's a Vodacom branded
device it should /will be shown as.... XFV/XFV/XFV.

The issue here, is if the CSC is not correct, you
might not get regular OTA's. updates.?
Also is this device out of box brand new ?
or has it been used ?

My suspicions is that device is not brand new, reason why it is "cheaper" price.?
also that someone has flashed, Samsung CSC /XFA firmware onto it.... ?
(Reason why, it's still has splash screen etc)

I might be wrong,
but for me (what you stated above) that
seller states, it's XFA and has Vodacom splash screen
plus price.etc ?

If you happy that all is in order..?
It's your choice.!
Good luck.

post note......
Ask seller what is the CSC.
if it's something like this
XFA/"? "/XFV then they have most probably
flashed XFA firmware over the Vodacom.
Note that the
third CSC XFV " is hardcore and cannot be changed! re example " x / x /XFV
(maybe if rooted yes!)

Screenshot_20191023-095038_Settings.jpeg

Last edited:

Bufamotis

Thanks a lot for the additional information.

I will see how much information I can get from them before contemplating buying. Its a hefty sum even discounted, it deserves research before buying.

The one liner responses and unintelligible responses I've had to calling them, thus far, haven't inspired confidence. The new company name (powerbite.co.za) seems to have relatively good ratings on pricecheck and hellopeter, but the previous name, "TheCellShop", was not as popular it seems)

I did a MyBB search on their name to see if any other "power buyers" have rated them, people other than the standard 'hey-i-ordered-and-got-a-phone-i-bought-and-it-actually-arrived-that-makes-me-happy' customer that actually scrutinize things like the stock origin, CSC, firmware updates OTA etc..

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member

I will see how much information I can get from them before contemplating buying. Its a hefty sum even discounted, it deserves research before buying.

The one liner responses and unintelligible responses I've had to calling them, thus far, haven't inspired confidence. The new company name (powerbite.co.za) seems to have relatively good ratings on pricecheck and hellopeter, but the previous name, "TheCellShop", was not as popular it seems)

I did a MyBB search on their name to see if any other "power buyers" have rated them, people other than the standard 'hey-i-ordered-and-got-a-phone-i-bought-and-it-actually-arrived-that-makes-me-happy' customer that actually scrutinize things like the stock origin, CSC, firmware updates OTA etc..
I searched for them as well and struggled to get real user feedback.
I saw that mybroadband had a partner article regarding them. Apparently owned by a Bulls player if I remember correctly.
Are you looking to get the single or dual sim version?
They have the cheapest pricing by far, not sure how they are getting it right.

corwill

Yes, unfortunately with that kind of money you must have peace of mind.!!
There is further issues to consider.?
Warranty..? Who is responsible ?
No use if they say eg Samsung or Vodacom etc
Will they give you, that undertaking in writing ?
Also, what model no is it... eg SM-N975F

Usually,
if you have a issue and it's a Vodacom
device, Vodacom repairs might/most probably will check to see eg if you have been using devices
eg. on Vodacom network for past 3 mths.?

Also they might check your CSC
and if it's not "aligned" eg XFV/XFV/XFV
they will know you "tampered" with device.
etc.
I don't say they will, but most probably will check.

Otherwise,
it's a Samsung repair center, (most likely will be) they might ignore above or also might check etc.
Anyway, you got some "homework" to do !
Good luck.

Bufamotis

I searched for them as well and struggled to get real user feedback.
I saw that mybroadband had a partner article regarding them. Apparently owned by a Bulls player if I remember correctly.
Are you looking to get the single or dual sim version?
They have the cheapest pricing by far, not sure how they are getting it right.
I'm interested in the dual-sim version for a data sim e.g. Rain, and a 'voice'-prepaid sim.

I think the only time I ever send SMS is when you do that call-reject "can I call you back, in a meeting" thing...

Honestly, if they told me its a US import, or a Dubai import or something, the pricing would have made more sense. That it is local and cheaper than Everyone else makes me wonder if Everyone is cheating us, or if there's something funny going on.

In 2015, I bought my Note 5, 64gb version in Dubai at the airport stop-over, and it cost 50% what the local price was, so if it were an import, the pricing makes sense

corwill

I'm interested in the dual-sim version for a data sim e.g. Rain, and a 'voice'-prepaid sim.

I think the only time I ever send SMS is when you do that call-reject "can I call you back, in a meeting" thing...

Honestly, if they told me its a US import, or a Dubai import or something, the pricing would have made more sense. That it is local and cheaper than Everyone else makes me wonder if Everyone is cheating us, or if there's something funny going on.

In 2015, I bought my Note 5, 64gb version in Dubai at the airport stop-over, and it cost 50% what the local price was, so if it were an import, the pricing makes sense
otherwise it could /might be a "refurbished" device.?

Bufamotis

Reading their "FAQ" bits, I've now come across the info that probably explains it.

If I read this correctly, they would technically be a glorified WeBuyCells/WeSellCells kinda deal. If this is the case, this is as good as trawling Junkmail ads for someone who got an unwanted upgrade / are selling their company issued device for cash, has some "fell-off-a-trolley" that needs selling soon.. :cautious:

Why are you so much cheaper than everyone else?
Our business concept is simple, we buy from consumers and sell to consumers. We eliminate the suppliers totally allowing us to bring you the best prices in the market. If you are looking to sell an upgrade or upgrade yourself, get in touch with us to get you the best price for your unwanted gadgets or get you the best price on your new purchase.

How do i know you arent some prince in Nigeria trying to steal my money?
Powerbite developed through the need for a safe and secure platform for consumers to sell their unwanted devices and to hunt a good deal. We have multiple reviews on BidorBuy,Facebook,Pricecheck and Hellopeter.
If you still convinced our accents are fake please arrange to collect your device from our shop in Cape Town or office in Pretoria. Always first confirm we have stock

Bufamotis

Sooo... which telco has the best deal on a Note 10 with little to no SMS, a helluva lot of data and enough minutes to get through a quiet month of ordering takeaways and phoning home :ROFL:

voldoverse

Expert Member
In short...
you're doing nothing wrong.!!
Samsung has changed the CSC setup. (regarding this matter)
If you have XFV and flash XFE
you still going to get XFV Vodacom now.,
See screenshot as a example.

Bottom line,
is if you want to get change Vodacom splash screen etc, you most probably have to root.
I won't recommend that as you stand to lose to much. Samsung Pay , some banking apps not working. Warranty... etc.
Good luck

View attachment 726548
Thanks man appreciate the detailed feedback.

Had to make peace with voda software... sigh

voldoverse

Expert Member
FOR SALE: Note 10 black leather cover. I mistakenly purchased one on amazon for note 10 and not note 10 plus like an idiot.

Anyways. R400 for whoever wants it

Bufamotis

Does Telkom have a specific CSC code / do they have any specific firmware oddities / splash screens crapware etc?

Traq

Does Telkom have a specific CSC code / do they have any specific firmware oddities / splash screens crapware etc?
I have a Telkom one. It is dual sim, XFA model with no bloatware apart from maybe Facebook and the Samsung Goals thing.

Piesang

Executive Member
With my Note 8 I struggled to get to about 5 hours of SOT with one charge. With the Note 10 Plus I stuggle to get the battery dead even after 7+hours of SOT.

It's great not to have to worry about battery life.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
With my Note 8 I struggled to get to about 5 hours of SOT with one charge. With the Note 10 Plus I stuggle to get the battery dead even after 7+hours of SOT.

It's great not to have to worry about battery life.
I have actually been a bit disappointed in the note 10 plus battery life. However, I think the 2nd sim which is Cell C, constantly switches between On/Off/Roaming/Rinse/Repeat at my house which used to kill my previous phone batteries so the same might be happening here.
Also I havent taken into account the size and resolution of the screen, so might have been expecting too much.
But overall the phone has been a big power boost.
Also love that the dual sim phone supports volte on MTN and cell C wifi calling at the same time.

Reactions: Yuu