Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Rumours and leaks

Piesang

Executive Member
My Note 10 Plus is constantly on Wifi. I will be testing it on MTN network from Friday to see how battery life is. I know with my Note 8 the Cellphone Networks kills a battery very quickly. And that is because of a terrible infrastructure. Where I live, I get about 5-10 mbps on LTE.

I have actually been a bit disappointed in the note 10 plus battery life. However, I think the 2nd sim which is Cell C, constantly switches between On/Off/Roaming/Rinse/Repeat at my house which used to kill my previous phone batteries so the same might be happening here.
Also I havent taken into account the size and resolution of the screen, so might have been expecting too much.
But overall the phone has been a big power boost.
Also love that the dual sim phone supports volte on MTN and cell C wifi calling at the same time.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
My Note 10 Plus is constantly on Wifi. I will be testing it on MTN network from Friday to see how battery life is. I know with my Note 8 the Cellphone Networks kills a battery very quickly. And that is because of a terrible infrastructure. Where I live, I get about 5-10 mbps on LTE.
MTN is my sim 1 and main data provider. I just use Cell C for voice calls cos its way cheaper.
MTN is solid at most places I go. So dont think you will have too many issues with battery life with MTN.
Cell C and Telkom have always been an issue for me. My Note 4 barely lasted with Telkom and 4G.

MR.C

Expert Member
Anyone having network quality problems on Vodacom ?

Might be related to the load shedding but not expected from Vodacom, wondering if it is a Note 10 problem.

Last edited:

Traq

Might be related to the load shedding but not expected from Vodacom.l, wondering if it is a Note 10 problem.
Mine is quite good and can't say that I have network issues

corwill

Do you think we can buy the theme? I searched the theme store but couldnt find it.

if you just want the Star Wars theme ,you can sideload it .( no root )
i've got it working on my Note 10+
Straight forward to install .No issues .
Personally ,for me just the theme is nothing " special "
Yes ,the completed Star wars Special edition package , seems worthwhile ....

If you want to sideload/install the Star wars theme,read post #46 in this thread .......................

some of my Note10+ ,screenshots of Star Wars theme .

Just to add
Last screen shot,is of my Notification light blinking , re app "aodNotify Pro " Play store .
Anyone that's not aware of this apps function of a "blinking notification light "
Real quality app .
Really works fine .
No issues

Attachments

adamr

Executive Member

Might be related to the load shedding but not expected from Vodacom, wondering if it is a Note 10 problem.
All perfect my side too.no issues

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Was the update ota? Or did you manually do the install yourself
Article says Germany first.
I checked the XFA list on SAMMOBILE and november is the last update.
I didnt check the other za models.

michellej

Expert Member
No ota, i dont even think sa devices have nov security patch. Did manually, there is a new odin version to use now.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Anyone ever had issues with the ear speaker or poor sound while on a call?

First one I'm opening today and quite interesting to find that the ear speaker is a good 1 CM from the top of the display. Never seen a design like this before. Ear speaker is generally at the very top with a grill covering the gap where the sound travels through.

Can't work out where the sound is supposed to travel in and out as the display is directly under the ear piece with no holes.

Never used one so would be interesting to hear if any of you can hear a difference in call audio quality compared to other models?

Traq

Anyone ever had issues with the ear speaker or poor sound while on a call?

First one I'm opening today and quite interesting to find that the ear speaker is a good 1 CM from the top of the display. Never seen a design like this before. Ear speaker is generally at the very top with a grill covering the gap where the sound travels through.

Can't work out where the sound is supposed to travel in and out as the display is directly under the ear piece with no holes.

Never used one so would be interesting to hear if any of you can hear a difference in call audio quality compared to other models?
I have had no issues. The speaker is located here: https://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Galaxy-note-10-earpiece-grille.jpg

pezulu

Expert Member
Strange (or maybe not) that the Samsung S10 has received the Android 10 update, but the Note 10 hasn't yet.
The Android 10 update was OTA a couple of days ago already, yet the latest firmware for the Note 10 is still the release from November 03.