Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Rumours and leaks

corwill

Strange (or maybe not) that the Samsung S10 has received the Android 10 update, but the Note 10 hasn't yet.
The Android 10 update was OTA a couple of days ago already, yet the latest firmware for the Note 10 is still the release from November 03.
I personally think that the Android 10 firmware update, should be available anytime now.!
Hopefully this week.?
My reason is, that when i checked Sammobile website last Friday, i counted something like 22...23 firmware updates (all different CSC/Countries ) for the Note 10 ( Android 10)
This for me indicates that Samsung has
released the update worldwide !

pezulu

Expert Member
They have released it worldwide, and there are many versions for other countries available.
Just not South Africa.
I did an OTA update to Android 10 on my S10e earlier, which is strange, as the Note 10 is the current latest and greatest from Samsung.

corwill

They have released it worldwide, and there are many versions for other countries available.
Just not South Africa.
I did an OTA update to Android 10 on my S10e earlier, which is strange, as the Note 10 is the current latest and greatest from Samsung.
Your comments reminds, me of my Note 9, my son uses.
I think, it's still on October 2019 patch.?(Vodacom)
Good luck.

Traq

If I remember correctly, the carriers need to approve the updates first to confirm there will be no "impact on the network"

corwill

If I remember correctly, the carriers need to approve the updates first to confirm there will be no "impact on the network"
That's also how I understand /was told.
However, i usually check with Sammobile
to see if , XFE (Samsung unbranded) has been updated.
Then check my carrier, XFV (Vodacom) to see if it's been updated , etc.
This way i get an idea if the carrier eg Vodacom
is "sitting" on the update.

pezulu

Expert Member
There are over a hundred firmware updates internationally, with South Africa being the exception.
I still find it strange that my S10e got the update almost 2 weeks ago now, yet nothing for the Note 10+.

Is there any way we can find out when to expect the firmware upgrade?

corwill

There are over a hundred firmware updates internationally, with South Africa being the exception.
I still find it strange that my S10e got the update almost 2 weeks ago now, yet nothing for the Note 10+.

Is there any way we can find out when to expect the firmware upgrade?
I have changed my previous viewpoint regarding the relevant update Android 10.
I agree with your post /viewpoint above.

If i look at current, Sammobile Note 10 update list, there's no XFE /XFV/XFA updates for Android 10.
From that i deduct, that it seems like , Samsung’s must be sitting "on" it ?
Surely as XFE being unbranded,
there's no Service provider spam/ requirements..?
What's the delay then ?

I should presume XFE, should have been available before XFV /XFA ?
Most probably "responsible persons" tasks with it is on leave ? or something. like that.!
No rush.!
. S11 or S20, as it might be called, is coming.!

I have many years back, with i think my Note 4.... 5 ?,
I was able to track down the Samsung and Vodacom software (South Africa) devisions responsible for updates, to query a long outstanding update..... wast of time, as Samsung just shifted the blame to service providers and Vodacom back to Samsung (South Africa)
I went back and forth...!

Bottom line,
for me it's super annoying,
( i am not anxious for new features.. update itself ) but just want to "get" it over with.!
To be able to settle down and check eg if my battery usage /drain is affected, Any bugs etc
Good luck.

Ecco

Executive Member
I have changed my previous viewpoint regarding the relevant update Android 10.
I agree with your post /viewpoint above.

If i look at current, Sammobile Note 10 update list, there's no XFE /XFV/XFA updates for Android 10.
From that i deduct, that it seems like , Samsung’s must be sitting "on" it ?
Surely as XFE being unbranded,
there's no Service provider spam/ requirements..?
What's the delay then ?

I should presume XFE, should have been available before XFV /XFA ?
Most probably "responsible persons" tasks with it is on leave ? or something. like that.!
No rush.!
. S11 or S20, as it might be called, is coming.!

I have many years back, with i think my Note 4.... 5 ?,
I was able to track down the Samsung and Vodacom software (South Africa) devisions responsible for updates, to query a long outstanding update..... wast of time, as Samsung just shifted the blame to service providers and Vodacom back to Samsung (South Africa)
I went back and forth...!

Bottom line,
for me it's super annoying,
( i am not anxious for new features.. update itself ) but just want to "get" it over with.!
To be able to settle down and check eg if my battery usage /drain is affected, Any bugs etc
Good luck.

Still nothing for SA. Really disappointed

corwill

Still nothing for SA. Really disappointed
To add to your comments.....
Here's extract from Sammobile......

Unlocked Galaxy S10 and Note 10 get January security update in the US

So , not just have most countries, already have the Android 10 on their Note 10 devices.
They already getting January 2020 Security
patch update, for the Note 10.
To remind everyone, we still on Android 9, November 2019 Security patch..!

Shame on "Samsung SA" and Vodacom... Mtn
Cell C......for their failure to push out
updates in time..! or is it just plain incompetence ?

corwill

We are getting the Android 10 update in Feb according to Samsung Members App

hi,

take a look at this link ( Sammmobile ) and screenshots below ,and then decide if the Samsung Members app is correct or incorrect ...??????

post note.
I have read Samsung members notice also.
For me what does not make sense is.
The notice in general is vague.
Does not specify any region /csc/service providers etc.
Also why upgrade eg... +- 80/ 90 % (my estimate) of Note 10 devices worldwide and then stop and upgrade the few remaining
regions, 2 mths later..?

Still say, the Note 10 upgrade re XFE/XFV/XFA... to me, indicates "someone " been incompetent, to cope with all relevant local updates.
My Note 9 , is still on October 2019 (as far as i can remember) , security patch. Hasn't been updated for nearly 3.. 4 months. ?
Samsung (South Africa).................
any excuses as to why not.?

Attachments

Last edited:

corwill

This popped up on my old Vodacom Note 8 this morning. So the update for the 10 series should be close.
Actually the update has been out for a while.
Just checked on my old Note 8 and saw
i did that, December 2019 security update,
on the 15 December 2019..!
So it's been out for a while....!

Bottom line...
No such luck.. as yet for the N10 series.!
I still maintain it can only point to "someone"
in Samsung management, that is incompetence and Samsung SA thus should take the blame.
Reason.
It's their responsibility to oversee the local upgrades /security patches, timely.!
Unfortunately they... Samsung, Vodacom etc hide behind weak excuses eg.
" we are still busy testing the relevant update" .... call it straight....... "bull..."!!!!!
Good luck.

michellej

Expert Member
There have been 2 updates since the release of android 10. with jan patch. I cant understand why our mobile operators cant get it together. I am enjoyjng all the dark modes for gmail etc. I flashed official filmware for dbt via odin and stilk have samsung pay and i am very happy

corwill

There have been 2 updates since the release of android 10. with jan patch. I cant understand why our mobile operators cant get it together. I am enjoyjng all the dark modes for gmail etc. I flashed official filmware for dbt via odin and stilk have samsung pay and i am very happy
maybe they eg Samsung, Vodacom, etc.. see future business opportunities...?
Think S11 sales or is it going to be S20 (?) which should be available next month, February 2020...?
Delay updates to Note (Android 9) range etc etc, can only boost S range.

Apart from maybe incompetence reasons , it could be a business (money wise) decision, to delay updates.

This is my current Note devices latest
firmware updates.

Note 8.....Android 9, December 2019 security patch.
Note 9... Android 9, October 2019 se security
patch.
Note 10.... Android 9, November 2019 security patch.

Take note that the older Note 8, is on highest
security patch.!

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
This popped up on my old Vodacom Note 8 this morning. So the update for the 10 series should be close.
Can you use Samsung Pay on your Note8?

Bosbouer

I do not use Samsung Pay at all. The note8 did not have it initially. I only got prompted on the note9 and Note 10 during setup. I did check the note last night and the Pay app is available in the galaxy store on the note 8

SoTrue

Expert Member
Can you use Samsung Pay on your Note8?

Yes