Expert Member
Confirmed, just completed the update on my Note 10+ Update was just shy of 2GB

Piesang

Executive Member
I had to check manually for the update.
1.9GB (and a bit).
Now to see whats new.

asfadm

annoyed that I can't see screen on time since last charge, it only shows per day now on android 10

R4ziel

Expert Member
One thing that annoys me about Android 10 and One UI 2 is that the time is in the left corner, System Tuner Ui app needs an update to be able to change that back to the top right, so for now I'm stuck with the time on the left unless I want to root and do a custom ROM

Piesang

Executive Member
Nope tested it again yesterday and today, screen on time is from midnight
You can click on the previous day to check the on time and then the present day and just add it up.

That's what it looks like though.

Ecco

Executive Member
Hey guys,

On my note 10 i am picking up an issue - I am not getting gmail notifications sometime or they are slow in coming through.

E.g. i send myself a test email from my work email to the gmail. I have a browser with gmail signed on.

In the browser i see the mail come through. On the phone nothing. I wait for a while (approx 5 mins) still no notification of the email on the phone. I unlock the phone, still nothing. I open the gmail app, and then eventually the email comes through.

MR.C

Expert Member
Hey guys,

On my note 10 i am picking up an issue - I am not getting gmail notifications sometime or they are slow in coming through.

E.g. i send myself a test email from my work email to the gmail. I have a browser with gmail signed on.

In the browser i see the mail come through. On the phone nothing. I wait for a while (approx 5 mins) still no notification of the email on the phone. I unlock the phone, still nothing. I open the gmail app, and then eventually the email comes through.
Could be power saving with restricted background data.

asfadm

Hey guys,

Or turn off battery optimisation for Gmail

corwill

Tried that yesterday, rebooted the phone, still not working
Having similar issues with Gmail (mobile) from time to time.
This is what I did.
I registered /duplicate, my Gmail account, also on the bundled, stock Samsung email (on device) .
Set Samsung Email setting, for Gmail to to automatically sync.
I found that most of times, Samsung Email was much faster, in receiving my Gmail emails, than Gmail (mobile) itself.
So i left my configurations of 2 x Gmails, on device like that.
Maybe, just run a similar test and then decide what to do.?
See the" diffs "?
Good luck.

Screenshot_20200131-101430_Email.jpeg

Ecco

Executive Member
Thanks bud, sounds like a decent approach. Its just really poor form from samsung that this is a problem. Doing some googling and the issue is quite widespread with no really firm solution.

corwill

Thanks bud, sounds like a decent approach. Its just really poor form from samsung that this is a problem. Doing some googling and the issue is quite widespread with no really firm solution.
Well i don't really know, if Samsung is to blame or Google ?
Maybe up, to a debate?
Yes, it's a Samsung device, with relevant firmware.
Yes, it's a Google app, with Google's responsibility
to make sure their app, runs flawlessly on Android devices etc.

Bottom line,
is that you cannot wait for "who ever"
to fix it..!!
So use a workaround...!
Good luck.

Ecco

Executive Member
I disagree slightly, gmail is a pre-installed app. Its not a 3rd party app I chose to install later. Accordingly there should be some responsibility on the device manufacturer to make sure it works. Thats side, i am going to use the work around. No issue.