Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Rumours and leaks

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Got my Note10+ today.

Set up and everything went well...until:

Galaxy Themes does not work at all. I cannot change themes or install the themes I have downloaded before.

The app just seems totally broken.

The only theme that works is the Vodacom one.

I've been all over the net and cannot find a solution.

This REALLY pi$$es me off.

Any ideas?
I know this isn’t ideal, but what about flashing to a non branded firmware and then trying. Then you get rid of the vodacom bloat.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
I know this isn’t ideal, but what about flashing to a non branded firmware and then trying. Then you get rid of the vodacom bloat.
Not really what I want to do.

I was hoping to hear from other users if their Galaxy Themes actually work or not?

pezulu

Expert Member
Themes works for me.
Just checked again, and my phone has no issues.
Changes the theme, and set new lock and home screens.

voldoverse

Expert Member
good day fellow note 10ers

i unexpectedly got a note 10 plus as my note 8 got pickpocketed RIP

ive been out of the loop with whats going on so would like to find out whats what.

firsty, is there a guide to flash non branded firmware? need to get vodash1t off asap

do i lose my warranty if i flash non branded firmware?

must i register it for any free screen repairs and all those things?

are they doing the same as with the note 8 where you can get freebees like dex and so on at samsung kiosks in the malls if you bring your reciept and phone?

thansk ladies and gentelmen

voldoverse

Expert Member
ok i flashed with XFA using odin but still vodacom is everywhere and still it shows xfv, what am i doing wrong??

MightyQuin

Not amused...
You answered your own question...

I solved it a while ago already...

When I put my SIM in and connected with my 3G, the themes stopped giving the error.

Turned my data off and connected to my wireless again, and the themes still loaded 100%.

Looks like it did not want to make that initial connection to the themes database with my wireless.

Weird...

voldoverse

Expert Member
Cant get this damn vodacom firmware off, can anybody help? odin flashed xfa, xfe, i tried i all, odin says pass, phone restarts, throws blue androif updating screen, then says erasing and restarts back into vodacom firmware aaarrgghh

Ecco

Executive Member
New Note10 owner here. On my old Samsung i used the Google photos app to backup and sync all my pics. I had a lot of pics - but i used the high quality option so as to not use my Gdrive allocation.

Anyways, on the old phone i can see all the pics taken on that phone and previous ones i uploaded.

On the Note10, nothing is coming up in the photos app - phone is stuck on "Getting your photos" Been stuck like that for a long time. I cannot even see some test pics i took this morning on the phone.

I have cleared the data and cache on the app.

Any other suggestions. Anybody else have similar issues?

corwill

New Note10 owner here. On my old Samsung i used the Google photos app to backup and sync all my pics. I had a lot of pics - but i used the high quality option so as to not use my Gdrive allocation.

Anyways, on the old phone i can see all the pics taken on that phone and previous ones i uploaded.

On the Note10, nothing is coming up in the photos app - phone is stuck on "Getting your photos" Been stuck like that for a long time. I cannot even see some test pics i took this morning on the phone.

Firstly,
Google Photos app, is working flawlessly for me.
No issues. it's one of my favorite apps.!
You must remember, that G photos, will most likely
only upload, when you have a wifi connection.
(Saving on data cost.. etc)

Also if you have a lot of photos stored it can take a period of time.
I remember when i got my Note 10 +, i struggled a bit.
Then just forgot about, G photos.
A few days later all my photos were loaded in app.
Also high quality, could be a issue.?

As far a i can remember, Google stopped
backing up photos to G Drive (i stand to be corrected). I remember seeing notifications, from Google, about this.
Good luck.

corwill

ok i flashed with XFA using odin but still vodacom is everywhere and still it shows xfv, what am i doing wrong??
Cant get this damn vodacom firmware off, can anybody help? odin flashed xfa, xfe, i tried i all, odin says pass, phone restarts, throws blue androif updating screen, then says erasing and restarts back into vodacom firmware aaarrgghh
In short...
you're doing nothing wrong.!!
Samsung has changed the CSC setup. (regarding this matter)
If you have XFV and flash XFE
you still going to get XFV Vodacom now.,
See screenshot as a example.

Bottom line,
is if you want to get change Vodacom splash screen etc, you most probably have to root.
I won't recommend that as you stand to lose to much. Samsung Pay , some banking apps not working. Warranty... etc.
Good luck

Screenshot_20191021-142652.jpeg

Ecco

Executive Member

App is working now. I think it just took a really really long time to sync (more then 24 hours - and with most of that time on wifi).

Bufamotis

Thinking of getting the note10+ through Powerbite (R17,399), but they've confirmed the model is XFA with Vodacom splash.
From those that have a VC brandedNote10/+, other than the annoying segmented red boot screen splash (which only really gets seen at startup so ..meh), how much bloatware is there in the voda-branded version that can't be removed?

corwill

Thinking of getting the note10+ through Powerbite (R17,399), but they've confirmed the model is XFA with Vodacom splash.
From those that have a VC brandedNote10/+, other than the annoying segmented red boot screen splash (which only really gets seen at startup so ..meh), how much bloatware is there in the voda-branded version that can't be removed?

Firsly,
XFA is not Vodacom .( I think it's Mtn ..Telkom etc )
Plse check with seller.....make sure ..!
Vodacom CSC is XFV .
I have a Note 10+, Vodacom branded .
I have uninstalled all my Vodacom apps bar one .
( it was only a few apps .)

I only kept one ,"My Vodacom " app, which is a very useful app .!
eg ,to check your Vodacom account , data ,your other linked devices ,data airtime ,
Your billing ( account ) for month ,also your upgrade date etc .
You can also uninstall it ,if you want to .?
If i uninstall this app, i will have no Vodacom apps, only splash screen .,,,which i only see when i sometimes, reboot device .!
Good luck .

Bufamotis

Thanks, good to know they are all uninstallable. I am on MTN with data through Afrihost's platform so VC wouldn't be of use to me.

I asked if the stock was local and they confirmed the firmware was XFA.
"The device is local, (XFA)."

So then I asked confirmation that it's 'vanilla' local Samsung, no splash and apps from local telco's added, they responded
"Hi the phone has Vodacom bootscreen"

Not sure why it would have a VC splash, but these are the crypticly short responses I get, you'd swear we're back to limited 160 character responses... :cautious: