Samsung Galaxy Note 2 plans: Cell C and 8ta weigh in

ajules

Expert Member
Just reading this, highlights for me why Vodacom has the biggest customer base in SA.They are usually the first to roll out the latest cellphone range - that is one thing they consistently get right.

cvbelk

Seriously....two months?!?! I'm in the process of cancelling my VC contract to move to CellC...been waiting anxiously for this phone and really don't want to stay with VC...Cell C really has to step up now:mad:

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Seriously....two months?!?! I'm in the process of cancelling my VC contract to move to CellC...been waiting anxiously for this phone and really don't want to stay with VC...Cell C really has to step up now:mad:

Just go month to month with CellC in the meantime. And then upgrade to a deal when you find the right one.

Vodacom might have the phone early but they failed with the launch. If you check on these forums you will see what lengths jhart had to go to to get the phone.
I went to MTN and no one had stock. I ended up cancelling my contract. If you say available from 1 Oct, make sure its available.

Scruffy1000

i am just waiting on fnb to come to the party, then get prepaid cell c voice and data, screw contracts and vodacom, already due for upgrade, been waiting for this phone since the first rumours but guess i'll have to wait some more....

cvbelk

The problem is my current phone is giving problems. Need a new one ASAP hence willing to prem-cancel my VC contract to move. Hope FNB will get it in soon, will happily go that route and take a no phone Straight up Cell C then...just really need this to happen soon

RaptorSA

Executive Member

Just hang in there dude. Take this from someone who recently renewed his contract with Vodacom.
Each night around 6PM I slap myself in the face 10 times with an old rusty bicycle chain.
It's the least I deserve.

cvbelk

Come what may, my VC contract is being cancelled and I'll stick it out as long as I have to but NOT sticking with VC..

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

Just hang in there dude. Take this from someone who recently renewed his contract with Vodacom.
Each night around 6PM I slap myself in the face 10 times with an old rusty bicycle chain.
It's the least I deserve.

Thanks for the eye opener, literally. Haha, guess it will be worth it waiting for Cell C.

falcon786

Honorary Master
i am just waiting on fnb to come to the party, then get prepaid cell c voice and data, screw contracts and vodacom, already due for upgrade, been waiting for this phone since the first rumours but guess i'll have to wait some more....

Go on the cell c straight up month to month contract rather,alot easier than buying airtime and you can get out of it anytime you like.

cvbelk

A reply from Cell C on fb this am:

As per feedback from our Product & Forecast Manager , we should have stock in the next week or two.

:D Hoping it will be sooner than later

Last edited:

DominionZA

Executive Member
Was waiting for this as I want to port from Vodacom to CellC.

Ended up getting my Note 2 on Friday :D
Will just go for a straight up now.

cvbelk

Was waiting for this as I want to port from Vodacom to CellC.

Ended up getting my Note 2 on Friday :D
Will just go for a straight up now.

Would prefer to get the phone through FNB and rather go on month to month Straight up but whoever is first with the phone will win...

DominionZA

Executive Member
Would prefer to get the phone through FNB and rather go on month to month Straight up but whoever is first with the phone will win...

It's an insane phone hey.

Got 163 apps installed. Bluetooth, Wifi, Mobile Data on 24/7. Llama, 3G Watchdog, GSM Battery Monitor, Whatsapp and GTalk running 24/7. GMail sync on.
Averaging 1.1% PH battery drain.

Played with the pen and stuff last night. Way better than the Note 1 was.

cvbelk

It's an insane phone hey.

Got 163 apps installed. Bluetooth, Wifi, Mobile Data on 24/7. Llama, 3G Watchdog, GSM Battery Monitor, Whatsapp and GTalk running 24/7. GMail sync on.
Averaging 1.1% PH battery drain.

Played with the pen and stuff last night. Way better than the Note 1 was.

Shhhhhhh, my sanity is on the verge of collapsing about this damn thing, can't recall ever being as obsessed about something as this :wtf:
I'm gonna be screwed when I finally get my hands on one....exams starts next week through to end November...not a good combination:erm:

EDIT: Ok, maybe it might have something to do with the fact that I'm stuck with a BB8520..

Last edited: