Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (fanbois only please, no trolls)

BlackJack1301

Also looking forward to this, this would definitely be my next upgrade, i have the Note 2.

But now rumors says 5,5" screen and not the Sony sensor... that will be disappointing, but at least at the end of the year i would have 3 options, the LG with stylus, the Note 4 and the big Iphone thing... As you can tell i want to carry around a tablet yes, guilty.

Ocali

Expert Member
Lol, nice, will be looking forward to the iphone 6 and the note 4..

Piesang

Executive Member
I can upgrade from October. Will the Note 4 be such a improvement that I will replace my Note 3? Don't know. Only time will tell.

I also feel the urge to look at what the new iPhone6 will look like. Maybe it's time for a change. Currently the Note3 is my primary phone and the S4 mini is my secondary phone. Thinking of getting a iPhone in the place of the S4 mini.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Woohoo!! Can't wait :D this is the whole reason I put my upgrade on hold so that I could skip what was the disappointing Galaxy S5 and get this beast :D it better live up to expectation.

Anything equal to or above 5.5inch QHD display with 3GB RAM, IP67 certification, +3300mAh battery, 16MP ISOCELL, Android 4.4.4, I'll be happy.
A score of over 41,000 in AnTuTu will be bonus bragging rights

My Galaxy S4 has served me well but I can't wait to make the jump to the Note range now. :)

Last edited:

BlackJack1301

Now also not sure if the Note 4 will be that big jump from my Note 2... specs are a little better, but nothing new then, or nothing new that a good ROM cannot do later.

So i dunno, will wait and see, maybe i will still keep the Note 2 and then opt for the new iPhone. Maybe something different for a change.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I can upgrade from October. Will the Note 4 be such a improvement that I will replace my Note 3? Don't know. Only time will tell.

I also feel the urge to look at what the new iPhone6 will look like. Maybe it's time for a change. Currently the Note3 is my primary phone and the S4 mini is my secondary phone. Thinking of getting a iPhone in the place of the S4 mini.
I'm in the same boat...

I'd hoped the Note 4 was going to make use of this bendable screen technology.

This just looks like a slightly better specced, larger Note 3 :(

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I'm in the same boat...

I'd hoped the Note 4 was going to make use of this bendable screen technology.

This just looks like a slightly better specced, larger Note 3 :(
Why'd you expect anything else? And what use can be made of bendable screens?

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
More Galaxy Note 4 leaks:
Snapdragon 805 variant and 64bit Exynos 5 with A53/A57 variant
16MP Camera with OIS
Both variants will have 4GB RAM

Galaxy Note 4 listing points to a €600 price tag, two versions
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launch is only a few weeks away, but the phablet is obviously too impatient to wait that long. After posing for the camera the other day, it has now made its way to the window of an Indonesian online shop, confirming a few interesting details in the process.
For one, we got our first indication of what the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might cost. We've learned not to read too much into such preliminary listings since they usually feature inflated price tags as the shops try to make sure that such publicity stunts won't end up costing them money. The usual strategy is to list a smartphone at a price that's certain to be higher than its actual one, so you don't risk anything when pre-orders are placed.

However, the case is rather different here - erafone has posted the listing with at IDR 9,499,000, which translates to €600. And given the Note's family history, that's very close to what the Note 4 will retail for - the fact that the store went so close suggests it may already have some preliminary information by Samsung.
Another interesting bit that gives credence to the listing is the CPU field, which lists two different versions. Now it's not hard to guess that the Note 4 will be available in Exynos and Snapdragon flavors, but here we have the exact version numbers and clock speeds of the CPUs so again it might be more than just shooting in the dark.

Apparently the Snapdragon 805-powered Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will have the N910S designation, while the Exynos-running units will go by N910C. And both of them will have 4GB of RAM and a 16MP OIS camera.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 announcement is taking place on September 3 and we'll be there to cover it live, so make sure you come back when the time comes.
Source

This thing is going to be an absolute beast :D :D :D

Sooooo glad I waited and skipped the Z2, One M8, S5 and G3 crap :p

Viva

Expert Member
More Galaxy Note 4 leaks:
Snapdragon 805 variant and 64bit Exynos 5 with A53/A57 variant
16MP Camera with OIS
Both variants will have 4GB RAM

Galaxy Note 4 listing points to a €600 price tag, two versions

Source

This thing is going to be an absolute beast :D :D :D

Sooooo glad I waited and skipped the Z2, One M8, S5 and G3 crap :p
Those specs are amazing, but I have to ask the question - will it serve any practical purpose? Phones like the Nexus 5 or the HTC One M8 are already super fast because of great software and adequate hardware. All flagships these days have adequate hardware.

I'm just afraid that Samsung will again use the extra 1GB RAM to compensate for bad coding and less than optimized apps. If that issue is removed from the equation (GPE or custom ROM), what's the point of having 3GB or 4GB of RAM?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the hardware is getting better. I like great specs. But I'm not sure we see real everyday advantages as a result of those specs. Great software is where it's at (think Motorola).

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
If the Note 4 has the same sort of lite TouchWiz as the S5 then we should see a nice advantage, the S5 is de bloated, Samsung worked hard to ensure it runs beautifully despite having the same ram as the S4. I imagine at any gimmicks that Samsung load we will be able to disable or turn off, they got into a lot of trouble with how they bloated the S4 and Note 3, so I doubt they'll make the same mistake, they already fixed the issue in the S5 and can only get better in the Note 4.

Viva

Expert Member
If the Note 4 has the same sort of lite TouchWiz as the S5 then we should see a nice advantage, the S5 is de bloated, Samsung worked hard to ensure it runs beautifully despite having the same ram as the S4. I imagine at any gimmicks that Samsung load we will be able to disable or turn off, they got into a lot of trouble with how they bloated the S4 and Note 3, so I doubt they'll make the same mistake, they already fixed the issue in the S5 and can only get better in the Note 4.
You said it yourself - the S5 is excellent with 2GB RAM. The Note 3 already had 3GB RAM. Why add more RAM if these phones already are doing just fine with less?

Personally, I think it is partly because they want to add more features, and partly to increase sales (4GB RAM makes for nice ads).

Last edited: