Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (fanbois only please, no trolls)

Had a s8+, did enjoy it, great phone, got stolen, insurance paid out, but back on my note 4.

Cannot warrant taking cash out of bank to buy the s8+, even if it is insurance money.

Additional features above the note 4 is not worth R18000.

Used it to buy a battery for the note.
the battery for the note costed you R18k!! :eek:

SDSmurf

My Wife bought me a duracell battery for my Note 4 after it chowed the original and 2 cheapies... After 2 weeks of a day+ battery life, it's already down to needing a daily charge, and today it was 15% by 17h00...

It seems it is my phone, not the battery. I have very very few apps (after the second battery was killed) so no idea.

Guess a new phone is in order?
I love my Note 2 (problem free for +4 years), love the s-pen, but Note 8 is just too much on any contract and I'm not spending around R18k on a phone.

I wish there were new 4's or 5's out there.

Dom1n8tr1x

Expert Member
Ah, heard they were refurbishing them and releasing them again, what price and where can they be ordered?
You can try Amazon. Roughly $1200. Note 7 Fan Edition.
Not worth it imo. Cheaper ones at $799.

Last edited:

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
You can try Amazon. Roughly $1200. Note 7 Fan Edition.
Not worth it imo. Cheaper ones at $799.
I agree, but it may be worth it for those who still want a Note but not at Note8 proportions.

But I wouldn't get it, its pretty much a 2016 Samsung hardware wise, may as well get a S6 Edge+, Note5 or S7 Edge. One must remember though the S6E+ and Note5 have no Memory Card expansion as Samsung were still figuring out how to align their new UFS storage platform with the Memory Card reader.

airborne

Executive Member
Did anyone else on Vodacom firmware get a software update today?

I think my phone has some issue with the last update we received a few months ago and it tries to reinstall/"update" every so often.

K.J

I think my phone has some issue with the last update we received a few months ago and it tries to reinstall/"update" every so often.
No update on my side, not today or even a few months ago..

Donald Bradbury

Just checked, yes, their is an update, downloading

airborne

Executive Member
Just checked, yes, their is an update, downloading
That's a relief, I have been getting that optimising apps spinning cog a few times randomly on cold startup, same thing you get after an update, not sure why that has been happening.

Really amazing Samsung is still updating this phone, now 4 generations old.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
That's a relief, I have been getting that optimising apps spinning cog a few times randomly on cold startup, same thing you get after an update, not sure why that has been happening.

Really amazing Samsung is still updating this phone, now 4 generations old.
It is a brilliant device.

Samsung's support of the Note 4 and Note5 is really amazing, I think part of what helps s that the Note phones tend to come with future proof hardware and users like us who hold Samsung to their word

avk

Anybody else having issues since the last update?

Phone is very laggy...has been restarting randomly as well. :(

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
My Note 4 will be 3 on Wednesday but I have not been wowed enough to replace. I also got a original battery off a colleague who drove over his and did not bother to replace under ADH.

Headset finally gave up though ... are these standard items or do they have tech built in? I don't expect that there is any tech like noise cancelling built into the earbuds. The inline microphone combo give crystal clear hands free operation. Can I replace with any cheap 4 pin in-ear bud earphones?

airborne

Executive Member
My Note 4 will be 3 on Wednesday but I have not been wowed enough to replace. I also got a original battery off a colleague who drove over his and did not bother to replace under ADH.

Headset finally gave up though ... are these standard items or do they have tech built in? I don't expect that there is any tech like noise cancelling built into the earbuds. The inline microphone combo give crystal clear hands free operation. Can I replace with any cheap 4 pin in-ear bud earphones?
Just needs to be android specific if you want to use the volume up/down button otherwise any set will work albeit just the answer/play button and mic.