Samsung Galaxy S III mini reveal coming Thursday 11 October

HBee

Expert Member
What a master stroke, calling it the mini, right before apple release the ipad mini.

Toxin

Expert Member
I'm actually very interested in this. The only thing that put me off about the S3 was the size. If they can keep the specs as good as the current S3 but make it as big as the S2 I'm sold.

HBee

Expert Member
I'm actually very interested in this. The only thing that put me off about the S3 was the size. If they can keep the specs as good as the current S3 but make it as big as the S2 I'm sold.

It has the same hardware as the S3, baring the screen size and battery.

falcon786

Honorary Master
Did you even read the linked article?

Yes it only says that it has a 4 inch screen,it doesn't say it has the same hardware as the s3...so where did you guys get that it has the same hardware as the s3?

Some places are speculating dual core and 5mp cam etc...its all speculation though.

lucifir

Expert Member
hopefully its the same spec(LTE,etc.) as the note 2 but with a smaller screen

kayvee

Expert Member
Yes it only says that it has a 4 inch screen,it doesn't say it has the same hardware as the s3...so where did you guys get that it has the same hardware as the s3?

Sure, but the fact that is still called a Galaxy S III implies it is pretty close, other than size. I'd speculate that it may well be a dual core version, as used in the S3 in the States.

Anyway, not long to wait and find out....

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Galaxy S III mini specs and photo leak - dual-core CPU and JB

Well that was fast - the Samsung I8190 Galaxy S III mini leaked in full before tomorrow's official announcement. These specs are not official so they might be inaccurate, but they look right for a 4" Samsung Galaxy S III mini device.

The screen is 4" big (which we already knew) and it's a Super AMOLED unit of WVGA resolution (so likely the same screen as on the original Galaxy S). The phone is powered by a ST-Ericsson U8420 chipset with a dual-core CPU clocked at 1GHz and 1GB RAM.

The Samsung Galaxy S III mini will launch with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Samsung's traditional TouchWiz customizations on top. The main camera will be a 5MP unit with LED flash and there will be a front-facing VGA camera, though there's no info on the video recording (fingers crossed for 1080p, but it might be 720p too).

On the connectivity side we have quad-band 2G and tri-band 3G with 14.4Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 HSUPA, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, optional NFC and a microUSB port. The built-in storage is set at 16GB, expandable with a microSD card.

The Galaxy S III mini will measure 121.6 x 63 x 9.9 mm and will have a plastic exterior that looks like the Galaxy S Duos (a small S III/Note II lookalike). The weight was not included in the leaked specs. The battery inside it will have 1500mAh capacity.

The pricing info puts the Samsung Galaxy S III mini at €400 ($515), which isn't much less than a full-sized Galaxy S III. We'll wait for the official pricing info during tomorrow's official unveiling.

HBee

Expert Member
Where did you get that info from?Only rumours/speculation out right now as far as i know.

From various articles on the internet. And unlike this article states, the S3 mini is not an entry level phone.

falcon786

Honorary Master
From various articles on the internet. And unlike this article states, the S3 mini is not an entry level phone.

Well if mercurial's leak is correct then it turns out to be a mid range device,dual core,5mp cam,lowly res screen.......disappointing if thats what it really turns out to be.iphone 5 puts it to shame easily then.A galaxy s1 with dual core is definitely not high end.

Hardly s3 hardware specs there....and yes the dual core S3 is alot weaker than the normal one before anybody mentions it again.Look at the benchmarks,the iphone 5 even beats it.

Last edited:

kayvee

Expert Member
No one said it had to be an Iphone5 killer, including Samsung. No doubt they are just looking to fill a gap in their own market.

falcon786

Honorary Master
No one said it had to be an Iphone5 killer, including Samsung. No doubt they are just looking to fill a gap in their own market.

Neither did I,you and another poster claimed it had the same hardware as the s3 and I asked where you got that info from thats all.I would have really liked a proper powerful compact s3 hence I was eager to see if you had some proper positive good news for me.

Seems like it WONT be the same as the s3 afteral then.Just a midrange device.:crying:

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Why did anyone think that this would be S3 power in a smaller device? This would make the current S3 redundant. The lower specs make perfect sense- like the original Galaxy mini's of before...

falcon786

Honorary Master
Why did anyone think that this would be S3 power in a smaller device?

Because some people with smaller fingers may also like a powerful high end device.And that is what they hinted at after all with the "something big in something small" phrases etc....