Samsung Galaxy S III mini reveal coming Thursday 11 October

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Because some people with smaller fingers may also like a powerful high end device.And that is what they hinted at after all with the "something big in something small" phrases etc....

Well, small people should find this proportionally as powerful as the S3 :)

It actually gives them a good range of phones: S3 mini for lower - mid range, S3 for medium to upper range and the flagship, Note 2 for power users.

K

kingrob

If the specs are to believed, then I really don't see how they can call it a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini.

It's at best a midrange phone & a disappointment.

Next please.

Maverick Jester

The Special One
If the specs are to believed, then I really don't see how they can call it a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini.

It's at best a midrange phone & a disappointment.

Next please.

Hmmm...

Galaxy S specs:
  • 1 Ghz CPU
  • 512MB RAM
  • 5MP camera
  • 4" screen
  • 480 x 800 resolution

Galaxy mini specs:
  • 600 Mhz CPU
  • 384MB RAM
  • 3.2 MP camera
  • 3.2" screen
  • 240 x 320 resolution

Galaxy SII specs:
  • Dual-core 1.2 Ghz CPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8MP camera
  • 4.3” screen
  • 480 x 800 resolution

Galaxy mini II specs:
  • 800 Mhz CPU
  • 512MB RAM
  • 3.2MP camera
  • 3.2" screen
  • 320 x 480 resolution

Seems par for the course then...

K

kingrob

There was never a Galaxy SII mini - it's called the Galaxy Ace II.

And the Ace II has better specs than your "Galaxy mini II".

If the Galaxy S3 mini doesn't even have close to the Galaxy S2 specs, then why would anyone in his/her right mind buy it?

I would rather get a Galaxy S2 then.

Maverick Jester

The Special One
There was never a Galaxy SII mini - it's called the Galaxy Ace II.

And the Ace II has better specs than your "Galaxy mini II".

If the Galaxy S3 mini doesn't even have close to the Galaxy S2 specs, then why would anyone in his/her right mind buy it?

I would rather get a Galaxy S2 then.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3883&idPhone2=4559

I suppose the people that would buy it are the same folk that bought the previous generation mini's and Ace... But I agree, I would rather get a Galaxy S2 than the mini.

K

kingrob

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3883&idPhone2=4559

I suppose the people that would buy it are the same folk that bought the previous generation mini's and Ace... But I agree, I would rather get a Galaxy S2 than the mini.

Ah, got it now....the confusion is the "S" in the name.

The S is normally reserved for Samsung's flagship phones, so something is not right here.

If it's called "Samsung Galaxy III mini" it might make sense, but calling it "Samsung Galaxy S3 mini", it just not right.

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Ah, got it now....the confusion is the "S" in the name.

The S is normally reserved for Samsung's flagship phones, so something is not right here.

If it's called "Samsung Galaxy III mini" it might make sense, but calling it "Samsung Galaxy S3 mini", it just not right.

Given that we have been working off of rumour, it might even be called the Galaxy III mini... Guess we will know tomorrow...

HBee

Expert Member
LOL, I had to share this post from another article,

"Wow.
Oh I hope they put the headphone jack on the bottom,
also replace the simple mini-USB with a proprietary connector that is not compatible with anything so it will require an expensive adapter.
I also hope they take out Google-maps and replace it with Samsung maps, and have us do the beta testing on it until it works sometime in the future.
It would be cool if they could add a purple halo effect to the camera that shows up randomly. Oh and take out that annoying removable battery, and of course the external_sd too.
Then all they'd need to do is charge $800 for it.
I'd line up overnight for that.

We can hope."

Raphael123

Expert Member
This was leaked on this German website http://mobilegeeks.de/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-alle-spezifikationen-erstes-foto/

Here is the complete specifications:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 Display: 4.0 inch Super AMOLED display with 800 × 480 pixels, 16.67 million colors, capacitive touchscreen, multi-touch CPU: STE U8420 dual-core 1.0 gigahertz wireless standards: HSPA 14.4/5.76 900/1900/2100, EDGE / GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 Camera: 5 megapixel with auto focus and LED Flash, Resolution 2592 x 1944 pixels / VGA front RAM: 1 GB flash memory: 16 GB, MicroSD card slot ( . max 32 GB) Operating System: Google Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean" Connections: MicroUSB port, 3.5mm Kopfhörer-/Headset-Anschluss Wireless: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi a / b / g / n 2.4/5GHz, DLNA, NFC (UICC , optional) Battery: 1500 mAh Dimensions: 121.55 x 62.95 x 9.85 mm

kayvee

Expert Member

"Wow.
also replace the simple mini-USB with a proprietary connector that is not compatible with anything so it will require an expensive adapter.
I also hope they take out Google-maps and replace it with Samsung maps, and have us do the beta testing on it until it works sometime in the future.
It would be cool if they could add a purple halo effect to the camera that shows up randomly. Oh and take out that annoying removable battery, and of course the external_sd too.

We can hope."

:D

falcon786

Honorary Master

"Wow.

We can hope."

Lol beware the wrath of cerebus!

But seriously one of my friends went to the states and was supposed to get iphone 5's for both of us...he went into the Apple store and they had no stock,however he says that when he played with it instore he was rather underwhelmed and decided not to go around hunting for it from smaller stores etc because he just felt he now preferred his s3.Before this he was very happy with his 4s and only got the s3 because his 4s fell and broke very close to the launch of the iphone 5.The only thing that impressed him was that it was quite thin.

Now I know he generally isn't a fanboy and like me has tried out tons of phones including lumias,one x etc etc so I trust his assessment more than alot of these fanboy journo's even.I'm thinking of giving the iphone 5 a miss and going for the lumia 920 if windows phone 8 proves to be powerful enough.

Waiting for the launch later this month,really looking forward to something exciting or the next big thing which the iphone 5 isn't apparently...and this galaxy s3 mini also definitely is not!Not with those lowly specs.

Last edited:

cerebus

Honorary Master
Lol beware the wrath of cerebus!
Oh get stuffed you prattling sock puppet.

I was really hoping this would be something special but the specs look hardly better than my SGS1. At least it'll have JB and dual core. I'd seriously be in line for a top-shelf Android 4" smartphone but they keep compromising them just too much. Let's see a 720p 4" Samoled+ screen, come on.

kayvee

Expert Member
I'm thinking of giving the iphone 5 a miss and going for the lumia 920 if windows phone 8 proves to be powerful enough.

And all the time we thought small size was your most important criteria. I guess not. :)

So if you are willing to forgo small size for power, just get the Note 2 :p

falcon786

Honorary Master
And all the time we thought small size was your most important criteria. I guess not. :)

So if you are willing to forgo small size for power, just get the Note 2 :p

NOTE 2,drool....yeah i may just go for it!
The only other phone i held onto as long as my 4s was the note 1.
It was fantastic!

No for me personally i can use anything from an iphone 4s to a note 2!I make the most of the screen at hand,for example i don't play many games with on-screen controls on the 4s because your thumbs take up halve the display but on a note its great to play fifa with on-screen controls.On the other hand dialing from the 4s is alot easier.I'm adaptable really.

But my point with size is that there is definitely a big market out there for 4 inch screens with powerful hardware,its a niche that so far only Apple fills.If you don't like Apple your choices are rather limited in this size range.

Sm00thSm0k3

Expert Member
As if choosing my next phone for my upgrade next month isn't difficult enough and now Samsung throw this curved ball....*sigh*

I want to ditch my BB asap so I'll probably just go with the normal S3 as originally planned instead of waiting another couple of months for this or the Lumia 920 to arrive here.