Samsung Galaxy S10e vs iPhone Xr - The real flagship battle

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
*cough* Mate *cough* 20 *cough* Pro *cough**cough*
You mean OnePlus.

The new OnePlus 7 has, as usual, had its design leaked and the thing is a bezel-less monster. No notch, no holes. Cannot wait. And you get the benefit of the best Android firmware in existence, and the software experience largely determines how much you enjoy your device.

mattrudlles

"Apple’s iPhone Xr also only has 3GB of RAM, although iPhones have traditionally functioned with less RAM than their Android counterparts while still remaining competitive in terms of performance."

What a joke. That flahship Android with 6 gigs of ram will be battling to stay competitive in terms of performance with my iPhone SE in 2 years time. It was never equal competition, IOS has always been dominant with half the specs.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Article is dumb, people will buy the iPhone XR because they want an Apple phone, not because it's actually competing with other non-Apple flagships.
Just look at how Apple markets, there will never be a comparison with a non-apple phone. The notion of buying a non-Apple product shouldn't even be considered.

"Apple’s iPhone Xr also only has 3GB of RAM, although iPhones have traditionally functioned with less RAM than their Android counterparts while still remaining competitive in terms of performance."

What a joke. That flahship Android with 6 gigs of ram will be battling to stay competitive in terms of performance with my iPhone SE in 2 years time. It was never equal competition, IOS has always been dominant with half the specs.
No? Android memory management is different, it's less aggressive as it's usually "cheaper" to keep it in memory and have it load from there than it is to dump it to disk and then have to load it into memory on request.

Apple has pretty much always been in the lead for CPU, since they used to have bigger chips, and were usually a process ahead. They can also afford not to make a profit on the CPU and recoup somewhere else, unlike most Android devices where every piece of the chain must make a profit.

With more recent devices, memory and general performance really isn't that different anymore, iPhone XR can also get away with less memory due to a way lower resolution.

Izayoi

You mean OnePlus.

The new OnePlus 7 has, as usual, had its design leaked and the thing is a bezel-less monster. No notch, no holes. Cannot wait. And you get the benefit of the best Android firmware in existence, and the software experience largely determines how much you enjoy your device.
I would mean OnePlus... if we had more local support. Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked we didn't have any support in SA and could only order the phone cash through certain online shops that are independently importing the device.

I do, however, agree with you that OxygenOS is the best third party android experience :)

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I would mean OnePlus... if we had more local support. Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked we didn't have any support in SA and could only order the phone cash through certain online shops that are independently importing the device.

I do, however, agree with you that OxygenOS is the best third party android experience :)
If you're someone who can look after a device then you won't need to ship it back across the world. I only buy direct from OnePlus btw.

Put on a properly durable case like a Tech21 and handle the phone with care and you should have no issues. I've been with OnePlus since the OnePlus One and had no issues.