Samsung Galaxy S20 Series

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra: Tomorrow's Specs, Yesterday's Design [Hands-On] - MrMobile

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
The S20 Ultra seems to be the only one worth truly having here.

It makes me look forward to the Note20+

JimboBob

Expert Member
I feel like i'm the only one going wtf at those prices...
If anything, surely this just means OP/Xiaomi/"insert Chinese brand here" are going to nail the midrangemarkets around the globe?

lestoran

No flat screen - can't stand the glare of curved.

No headphone jack - Bluetooth sound quality is not there yet.

pass.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I'd take an Ultra if i won it or was given to me (probably not in this lifetime) . Seems like an epic piece of kit.

Probably still would prefer the P30 pro though..

rodger_rami04

S20 Ultra looks tempting. But I think I will wait a year or so because I recently switched from S9 to iPhone 11 Pro Max.

lestoran

Then just plug in the USB-C headphones, what's the problem?
I'm a bit of an audiophile and the really nice headphones I have are not USB-C. Most high-end headphones are not.

Yes you can get adaptors but they have to include a DAC + Amp. Most DAC's are fine nowadays but a good amp with proper shielding is pricey and most USB-C -> headphone adaptors have average sound at best as a results.

Most wont care much about this but I there a lot who DO care enough about sound quality and have invested in headphones enough to skip this device.

Example of a good mid-range USB DAC + Amp. https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-DragonFly-Red-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B01DFMV4NQ.

Not too cheap.

Last edited:

Voicy

Honorary Master
Im considering the S20 vs the P30 pro...but I dont like the off-center cameras that make them unbalanced when laid flat.

Im still sporting my Galaxy S5 active which is 5yrs old and still without a scratch on the screen. So im very worried about big phones and fragile screens. :/

Not a fan of these big (and curved) displays.

MandM

How to decide between the S20 and S20+. I currently have the S9+, but the S20 screen is the same size. Guess I will only know when I have it in hand.

Grubscrew

Expert Member
Lol at those prices. But I guess the networks will have nice subsidised deals on contracts.

Voicy

Honorary Master