Samsung Galaxy S21

The_David

So let's talk functionality: My Ultra's DND schedules don't seem to work properly. Anyone else notice something similar, eg. DND deactivates every morning at 6, irrespective of the schedule.
Yeah same, i get notifications waking me up at like 2 am

edit: Just checked my "Sleeping" Schedule in my "Do Not Disturb" menu was off for some reason. Will monitor over the next few days if it turns itself off.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Yeah same, i get notifications waking me up at like 2 am

edit: Just checked my "Sleeping" Schedule in my "Do Not Disturb" menu was off for some reason. Will monitor over the next few days if it turns itself off.
I have two schedules. one for week, and one for weekends. The weekend one seems to be ignored, having the week DND schedule applied to the weekends as well :(

T-BOM

View attachment 1011968

Eish nice, got these because I was worried about not using an official Samsung charger .
*FYI- if you call the 0860 number on the Order email they will give you the waybill number to track on WorldNet *
My Items just arrived - So this pre-order process for me was really profitable and smooth .

Phone arrived in a week, then gifts in a week , then voucher items within a few days

Duke of Hazard

My Items just arrived - So this pre-order process for me was really profitable and smooth .

Phone arrived in a week, then gifts in a week , then voucher items within a few days
When did you apply?

Tomorrow will be 14 days and I'm going to be pretty pissed off and may actually just return the phone if I don't get the pre-order items.

Paid cash for the device under the impression that I would receive the pre-order items if I ordered now... 14 days later I've heard nothing and just get told to wait 7 to 14 days

Tremayne

When did you apply?

Tomorrow will be 14 days and I'm going to be pretty pissed off and may actually just return the phone if I don't get the pre-order items.

Paid cash for the device under the impression that I would receive the pre-order items if I ordered now... 14 days later I've heard nothing and just get told to wait 7 to 14 days
I received an email from Samsung saying my claim for the free gifts was rejected.

Here is what the email says:

"""
Congratulations on your Galaxy S21 purchase.

Kindly note your claim has been rejected due to incorrect POP sent. The POP which was provided cannot be validated as it does not show the device IMEI number.

Please obtain a proper POP from your place of purchase once you have obtained the POP kindly forward it through and we will advise further once the claim has been re-validated.
"""

Its an auto generated email so I do not even know who to contact. All of my paper work from Incredible Connection make no mention of my phones specific IMEI number.

I will have to call them I guess tomorrow

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Its an auto generated email so I do not even know who to contact. All of my paper work from Incredible Connection make no mention of my phones specific IMEI number.

You're going to call Incredible? I've just emailed the person who sent me my IC invoice which is also lacking any IMEI number, will see what he says and report back.

Duke of Hazard

I received an email from Samsung saying my claim for the free gifts was rejected.

Here is what the email says:

"""
Congratulations on your Galaxy S21 purchase.

Kindly note your claim has been rejected due to incorrect POP sent. The POP which was provided cannot be validated as it does not show the device IMEI number.

Please obtain a proper POP from your place of purchase once you have obtained the POP kindly forward it through and we will advise further once the claim has been re-validated.
"""

That's odd..

I took a photo of my invoice that came with the phone from the courier. Also bought my phone from IC

biqleadata

When did you apply?

They apparently only expecting new stock of the Buds next week, they don't have any more to send this week. I was told by the last who is helping me reclaim the goods that never got delivered due to the hijacking of the courier driver.

Not exactly sure how true this is because as we all have experiences how bad their customer service is and the lack of proper info given to us.

Duke of Hazard

Samsung Live Chat support is total **** and quite rude too...

I was told that it doesn't matter who ordered first, they do it in batches... what that means is a mystery, maybe they throw all the slips in the air and catch as many as they can, they put those back in the box and process the slips that fell on the floor.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Sorry to hear about this guys ... so happy now that mine arrived already.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Received my IC voucher (R1000 I asssume, they dont mention the value) via email just now, and my S21 arrived by courier this morning.

Would the 'PowerUp 36W PD Type-C & USB QC3.0 Wall Charger' be OK to charge up the S21?
Features:
- USB and Type-C outputs with simultaneous charge capabilities
- 18W PD technology ensures the fastest possible charge for the latest iPhone and iPad models
- 18W Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Advanced safety protocols protect against overheating and power surges
- Compact and lightweight design

Specifications:
- USB Output: 5V/3A - 9V/2A - 12V/1.5A
- Type-C PD Output: 5V/3A / 9V/2A / 12V/1.5A
- Input: AC100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Combined Power Output: 36W

The official Samsung Travel Adaptor 25W (EP-TA300CWEGWW) charger has these specs:
Output Voltage (Max, Normal Charge) 5 V
Output Current (Max, Normal Charge) 2 A
Output Voltage (Max, Fast Charge) 12 V
Output Current (Max, Fast Charge) 2.1 A

Edit: Seems that i actually have this samsung travel adaptor 25W EP-TA300! Bought it 3 years ago via eBucks (was cheap at R275) as an extra phone charger
and it also does an in between charge at 9V 1.67A.

Last edited:

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Received my IC voucher (R1000 I asssume, they dont mention the value) via email just now, and my S21 arrived by courier this morning.

Would the 'PowerUp 36W PD Type-C & USB QC3.0 Wall Charger' be OK to charge up the S21?
Features:
- USB and Type-C outputs with simultaneous charge capabilities
- 18W PD technology ensures the fastest possible charge for the latest iPhone and iPad models
- 18W Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Advanced safety protocols protect against overheating and power surges
- Compact and lightweight design

Specifications:
- USB Output: 5V/3A - 9V/2A - 12V/1.5A
- Type-C PD Output: 5V/3A / 9V/2A / 12V/1.5A
- Input: AC100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Combined Power Output: 36W

The official Samsung Travel Adaptor 25W (EP-TA300CWEGWW) charger has these specs:
Output Voltage (Max, Normal Charge) 5 V
Output Current (Max, Normal Charge) 2 A
Output Voltage (Max, Fast Charge) 12 V
Output Current (Max, Fast Charge) 2.1 A
I use the same charger ... one plug for the S21 Ultra, one for the Watch 3

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
I use the same charger ... one plug for the S21 Ultra, one for the Watch 3
Cool, so the S21 is plugged into the Type-C PD port and the Watch 3 in the USB Quick Charge port?

How long does it to fully charge?

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Cool, so the S21 is plugged into the Type-C PD port and the Watch 3 in the USB Quick Charge port?

How long does it to fully charge?
I am not sure which is where .. I will have to check :) Also not really paid attention to charge times, but it is quick ... I reckon under 60 minutes from about 30%, but I can be totally off

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Very impressed with Samsung. Ordered on Friday, was delivered now.
c3af784df1878af456d658a22512ce77.jpg

Duke of Hazard

I am not sure which is where .. I will have to check :) Also not really paid attention to charge times, but it is quick ... I reckon under 60 minutes from about 30%, but I can be totally off
Also curious, sold all my old tech and have to hand my S20 back to my ex-employer month end so looking for a new brick now.

Does your phone say "super fast charging" when you plug it in with this brick?

Tremayne

Those that bought from Incredible Connection. Any luck getting an invoice with IMEI number?