Samsung Galaxy S21

Duke of Hazard

Those that bought from Incredible Connection. Any luck getting an invoice with IMEI number?
Mine has it.

As follows under the item column:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Grey VSP

#######IMEI Number##########

My tag and buds arrived without warning, wasn't given a colour choice and the Missus doesnt like black... most important thing to me was the voucher though, and that hasn't arrived. Not sure if the IC voucher replaces the Samsung one maybe? Anyone bought from IC and received Samsung and IC vouchers?

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Also curious, sold all my old tech and have to hand my S20 back to my ex-employer month end so looking for a new brick now.

Does your phone say "super fast charging" when you plug it in with this brick?
So when using USB-C to phone, it just says fast charging. However I am not using the phone's cable that it ships with. I will be testing with its own cable and another USB-A to USB-C cable

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
I use the same charger ... one plug for the S21 Ultra, one for the Watch 3
Seems that i actually have the Samsung travel adaptor 25W EP-TA300! Bought it 3 years ago via eBucks.com as an extra phone charger (at the time was meant to charge Samsung tablets I think) and it also does an in between charge at 9V 1.67A.

marhsava

So when using USB-C to phone, it just says fast charging. However I am not using the phone's cable that it ships with. I will be testing with its own cable and another USB-A to USB-C cable
Anyone did a test to see how long it would take to charge from 0 to full?

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
When we claim the free buds and tag via Samsung Members, can we skip the Samsung Care+ and opt for it later on?

On that note, is anyone with insurance on their phones bothering with Care+ at R499 for the 2 screen repairs? Not sure what the point is if we still have to pay R999 per incident.

1612892857796.png

biqleadata

When we claim the free buds and tag via Samsung Members, can we skip the Samsung Care+ and opt for it later on?

On that note, is anyone with insurance on their phones bothering with Care+ at R499 for the 2 screen repairs? Not sure what the point is if we still have to pay R999 per incident.

View attachment 1015631
With regard to the Care+. It is a completely separate benefit so yes, you can skip it entirely. Just remember if you want it. You'd need to get within 30 days after your phone was purchased/ordered.

I had insurance on my S10 and they were really sketchy with the repairs. They seemed to work better with stolen/lost devices than repairs for me.

Care+ is really good because for that R999. You get a screen replacement and battery.
Which was helpful for my wife's S10.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
So that block only does fast charging, not super fast charging

Duke of Hazard

These Buds Live are legit, figured selling them at is pointless this late in the game.

Excellent Bass and nicer fit than the ones that actually go into your ears

Tremayne

You didn't manage to phone them? I may have to phone in too if they don't reply on email.
I posted to Incredible Connections Facebook page and sent them a complaint via the website.

Sent three emails to the lady (Brenda) who originally sent me the invoice by email upon receiving the device. She has not responded to one of them.

Tried calling them today as well. No luck.

If you go to their facebook page, you can add to my comment and we can maybe get them to respond quicker as the public can see it.

I commented on an S21 advert that my invoice did not include an IMEI number and Samsung rejected my claim of the free items

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
[edit: text removed :p]
I posted to Incredible Connections Facebook page and sent them a complaint via the website.

Sent three emails to the lady (Brenda) who originally sent me the invoice by email upon receiving the device. She has not responded to one of them.

Tried calling them today as well. No luck.

If you go to their facebook page, you can add to my comment and we can maybe get them to respond quicker as the public can see it.

I commented on an S21 advert that my invoice did not include an IMEI number and Samsung rejected my claim of the free items
I wonder if they are ignoring the issue as it's now going to be a big ballache for them to rectify this. Hopefully they have the IMEI's registered on their side, or else its going to be a care of now we have to prove to them what our IMEI numbers are and that we acquired the device in question from them!

incredible@jdg.co.za

Try this email address, they replied in 24 hours when I asked where my voucher was
No they sent me the IC voucher today but they don't state what the value is, so i am querying that now.

Last edited:

Tremayne

Has anyone else had problem

I wonder if they are ignoring the issue as it's now going to be a big ballache for them to rectify this. Hopefully they have the IMEI's registered on their side, or else its going to be a care of now we have to prove to them what our IMEI numbers are and that we acquired the device in question from them!

No they sent me the IC voucher today but they don't state what the value is, so i am querying that now.
I have used the IC voucher already and can confirm that the Incredible Connection voucher for my Galaxy S21 was R1000. Think you get more cash for the plus and ultra models.

Duke of Hazard

S21 R1000 Voucher
S21+ R1500
S21 Ultra R2000

They seem to be the only reseller that is offering the voucher and one of the few offering these 256GB phones at these prices

Waiting to use mine for a cover, but they still don't have any... Samsung hasn't sent me their voucher yet either

Tremayne

S21 R1000 Voucher
S21+ R1500
S21 Ultra R2000

They seem to be the only reseller that is offering the voucher and one of the few offering these 256GB phones at these prices

Waiting to use mine for a cover, but they still don't have any... Samsung hasn't sent me their voucher yet either
I bought a cheap cover from Vodacom to use in the meantime as I didn't want to chance dropping this thing. I also bought a tempered glass but the fingerprint sensor did not work. Returned it for one of the film type protectors.

Duke of Hazard

I bought a cheap cover from Vodacom to use in the meantime as I didn't want to chance dropping this thing. I also bought a tempered glass but the fingerprint sensor did not work. Returned it for one of the film type protectors.
Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy an el cheapo from Takealot for the meanwhile, at least that way the universe will get its penalty goal into my nuts and send my Samsung Voucher the same or next day.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Seems that i actually have the Samsung travel adaptor 25W EP-TA300! Bought it 3 years ago via eBucks.com as an extra phone charger (at the time was meant to charge Samsung tablets I think) and it also does an in between charge at 9V 1.67A.
So this 25W EP-TA300 charger of mine either doesn't support super fast charging, or the cable I have is not of the correct spec (it's a LDNIO USB-A to USB Type C 2.4A max output cable). To charge from 18% to 100% took just under 90 minutes and it said it was fast charging. Will try next time using my 18W charger with the proper Type C cable that came with the S21.