Samsung Galaxy S21

marhsava

Any received the February security patch and the new update addressing battery life ?

Seems like if you are with Telkom (XFA) they don't send OTA quickly

biqleadata

Any received the February security patch and the new update addressing battery life ?

Seems like if you are with Telkom (XFA) they don't send OTA quickly
I manually install the updates via Odin.

On the sammobile server (I use it to check for updates but use Frija to download them) . XFE has the latest updates but both XFA and XFV are still 2 updates behind.

So I got the phone from Vodacom and have been flashing XFE on it since 24 Jan.

marhsava

I manually install the updates via Odin.

On the sammobile server (I use it to check for updates but use Frija to download them) . XFE has the latest updates but both XFA and XFV are still 2 updates behind.

So I got the phone from Vodacom and have been flashing XFE on it since 24 Jan.
If I Flash from XFA to XFE do you think that would void the warranty?

biqleadata

If I Flash from XFA to XFE do you think that would void the warranty?
It shouldn't.

It didn't change my CSC. still says mine is XFV even though I flash XFE.

My S10 was also fixed and warranty was still in place after flashing XFE on it.

If you want to be extra careful, you could flash XFA whenever you want to take your phone in for a repair. But if you go straight to Samsung Repair Centers. They do not care about CSC because they're all South African.

Maybe Telkom may check but Vodacom didn't check my previous phones.

Duke of Hazard

So sitting at 14 Working days since I applied for the buds and R1000 Samsung Store voucher...

I have the buds,Tag and the separate R1000 voucher from Incredible Connection but was told to wait for the R1000 SAMSUNG STORE voucher to be processed... I'm not sure what time the live chat agents pack up but at 16H30 there were no agents available.

Has anyone received the Samsung Voucher and IC Voucher? There was no mention of on or the other that I can recall in the pre-order T's And C's... Waiting to buy a nice case with either voucher but over a month since the phone was launched and IC still don't have ANY S21 covers on their site

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Charging my based model S21 from 15% to 100% takes me 90 min using the S21's USB-C cable and my 'PowerUp 36W PD Type-C & USB QC3.0 Wall Charger' which fast charges at 18W.

How are you guys finding the charging times on your chargers? I'm not sure if it's worth spending the R500 or R600 for the official 25W super fast charger :unsure:

Jakes147

Expert Member
I just did an update on my phone and the esim option became available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-210207_Call settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-210207_Call settings.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 40

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
With the S20's included 25W Super Charger it says it will take 40 mins from 60% battery.
I see at Incredible Corruption the 45W charger is R999 so maybe that makes sense if one is looking to blow that 1k IC voucher on something. Assuming of course that one doens't have any super fast charger and that the 45W charger ramps down it's output appropriately to charge at 25W.

1613511395101.png

Duke of Hazard

I see at Incredible Corruption the 45W charger is R999 so maybe that makes sense if one is looking to blow that 1k IC voucher on something. Assuming of course that one doens't have any super fast charger and that the 45W charger ramps down it's output appropriately to charge at 25W.

View attachment 1021776
Thanks for this, I think the 45W for R100 more is a good idea, both are currently sold out though :unsure:

Seems Samsung didn't accurately predict how many of these bricks they'd need.

Duke of Hazard

Is your phone physical Dual Sim aswell?

I'm using mine at home with no Sim but its always showing network signal, wondering if there isn't eSim capability aswell

w1tw0lf

My sim tray can take 2 sim cards. One side mark with 1 and other side marked with 2. Show as dual sim as well in settings.

nivek

Executive Member
Dunno if your question was ever answered. I was also wondering about this. According to the Samsung Pay site all three S21 models is NFC only in SA
Yeah that's accurate, it says so in the Samsung Pay app as well