Samsung Galaxy S21

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
I just did an update on my phone and the esim option became available.

This seems to be a superior option over the single physical sim plus esim combination, physical sim 2 shares the emei with the esim so you can either use a physical sim or an esim for the second sim.

Duke of Hazard

Since there are no fast chargers really available at the moment from just about anywhere, all sold out, I found this for the meanwhile at a reasonable price.

The_David

Why are poeple spending up to R1000 on a fast charge. Do you really need to charge your phone that fast? I just charge overnight, battery lasts more than long enough for that.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Since there are no fast chargers really available at the moment from just about anywhere, all sold out, I found this for the meanwhile at a reasonable price.

Ok this looks like the 'PowerUp' 18Wx2 charger I got from Takealot, which was R99 on special at the time. If my math is correct 0 to 100% takes me 95min, basically 0.95% per minute, and same for the 12V 2.1A Samsung Travel Adaptor with adaptive fast charging + LDNIO usb cable that I have. 40% to 100% took 63 minutes this afternoon.

Koosvanwyk

Why are poeple spending up to R1000 on a fast charge. Do you really need to charge your phone that fast? I just charge overnight, battery lasts more than long enough for that.
Do you remove the phone from the charger when fully charged. Keeping it on charge when already fully charged is one of the main reason why the battery capacity starts dropping significantly as it ages

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Do you remove the phone from the charger when fully charged. Keeping it on charge when already fully charged is one of the main reason why the battery capacity starts dropping significantly as it ages
Also slower charging is apparently better for battery life, there's a long a$$ post on quora about it :p

The_David

My phone actually says charging paused when its fully charged. not sure if it does but ...

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member

That shouldn't happen for modern lithium batteries, the charging controller stops charging when the battery is full. Lithium batteries degrade for each accumulated completed charge and discharge cycle.

Koosvanwyk

Really like the Wifi link speed of the S21. Picture one is the Wifi link speed of the S21 compared to picture two which is the Wifi link speed for the S10

tempFileForShare_20210220-141549.jpg

tempFileForShare_20210220-144119.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

The_David

Anyone with the Buds Pro having the issue where one or more of the buds wont turn off when you put it in the case? So it constantly runs the battery flat? Also annoying keeps the connection to the phone so if you put the buds in the case and try play something just via the phone you first need to go to the wearables app and disconnect, or change the audio out to phone.

Did a quick search and seems to be a common problem. Anyone had luck sorting it out or getting a replacement?

Last edited:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Conversely, the Exynos 2100 managed: 244,339 / 195,471 / 137,807, which works out to 56% retained performance. That's a substantial difference.

Samsung eish lol

Will look importing s22 instead, unless they really fix it next year.

For now the overheating s20 will do the trick

Duke of Hazard

Well the Liars and Thieves at Samsung say I'm not getting the promised R1000 voucher and they keep coming with different stories about it, first supposed to get it within 14 working days, then 3 business days, now was supposed to get it during the unpacked video, to now I'm not getting it

Kalin777

Anyone want to swop Galaxy buds pro for different color? I received Phantom Violet, would prefer black. Unit still sealed. Based in JHB

TheTraveler

Well the Liars and Thieves at Samsung say I'm not getting the promised R1000 voucher and they keep coming with different stories about it, first supposed to get it within 14 working days, then 3 business days, now was supposed to get it during the unpacked video, to now I'm not getting it
When did you submit the claim?