Samsung Galaxy S21

Duke of Hazard

Joined the S21 family this week (S21 Plus) - bummed about missing out on the freebies

Coming from the regular S20 it's been a good improvement thus far in terms of battery life
Finish the day with around 40% remaining - with the S20 my battery would be on 15% by 1pm
Let's see how long this lasts

This is also not a toaster like the S20 - That POS used to heat up like crazy and the camera lag was pathetic for a flagship device

Hopefully this device can maintain it's first impression on me
Glad to hear I wasnt the only one to have the toaster effect, that thing was really sh1tty.

I saw there was a software update this morning and its made a remarkable improvement to the camera speed. App opens faster and as one would expect a 2021 phone to open at.

Still, the only persistent issue I'm having is the smart Tag doesn't connect to the phone all the time, you need to open the smart things app for it to work

Syphonx

Expert Member
Any recommendations on a case (clear gell preferably) for the S21 Ultra?. I see some on Takealot which also cover the camera, was wondering if this affects taking pictures at all?

Nimz

Executive Member
Any recommendations on a case (clear gell preferably) for the S21 Ultra?. I see some on Takealot which also cover the camera, was wondering if this affects taking pictures at all?
I bought this one for my S21 Plus - Takealot Link

As I couldn't find a slim alternative decently priced - seems quite fine for me as I hate anything that adds bulk

gottagoon

Executive Member
Here is a new review of this Samsung phone vs the Xiaomi challenger by Mrwhosetheboss:

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Oh man, did anyone see the base model S21 at 40% off on eBucks.com 2 days ago :confused: If only February me had waited till now for that special!!

Syphonx

Expert Member
Just bought a s21 Ultra. Any recommendations on screen protectors?
I'll second this since my pre-installed one has started bubbling in the corner. Anyway know if the Samsung stores offer replacements?

Grubscrew

Expert Member
So I got the S21 Ultra and one grip sofar is that it has worse battery performance than my Huawei P30 Pro. I can't really see what the reason is for it.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
So I got the S21 Ultra and one grip sofar is that it has worse battery performance than my Huawei P30 Pro. I can't really see what the reason is for it.
You running at 120hz or 60hz? Samsung chipset is not great on battery life. In usa they get snapdragon which is much better

Syphonx

Expert Member
Anyone using any third party USB C cables and chargers and getting the full fast charge speed (25w)? I ordered these two so hoping they are compatible.
Got these two today, at 50% battery the charging rate from Ampere was around 4.2/4.3 Amps which is quite close to the 25W maximum, might be faster at a lower battery capacity.

Also tested using the included Samsung USB C cable and got the same charging rate as the Ugreen USB C cable.

Hassium

Just bought a s21 Ultra. Any recommendations on screen protectors?
Struggled with this for a while for my s21+. Went to Vodacom and they had a brand called Skunkworks (or something like that). They installed it for me. It's a good fit and main thing is is that the fingerprint works decently (you will need to enable touch sensitivity in the display setting). Was R299.