Samsung Galaxy S21

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Just received my S21 Ultra and loving it. Any nice magnetic cases you can get locally? Are magnetic cases worth it? Never had one.
I am not a big fan of the magnetic cases, but they are nice. I got the silicone sleeve with S-pen, as I missed the S-pen coming from Notes

Iwojima

Expert Member
Anyone had an issue when making or receiving normal cellular calls whereby neither party can hear the other? Just silence on both sides.

Whatsapp calls on the other hand work flawlessly so does not appear to be an issue.

w1tw0lf

My brother got an s20 the past week and had similar issue. Still had December 2020 firmware, did an update to May 2021 and fixed the issue. Maybe worth the shot, to check for firmware upgrade ?

marco79

Expert Member
Looks like I can upgrade on Vodacom to a S21. Any advice? Does this phone come with a charger? If not, please send a link to buy 1, or what is the going price of the charger at the Samsung/Vodacom store.

Then I received confirmation the phone will be dual sim. Do I ask the shop for an e-Sim for my main number?

Which screen protector should I be looking at? I prefer open cases, preferably the normal Original Samsung ones are ok.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Looks like I can upgrade on Vodacom to a S21. Any advice? Does this phone come with a charger? If not, please send a link to buy 1, or what is the going price of the charger at the Samsung/Vodacom store.

Then I received confirmation the phone will be dual sim. Do I ask the shop for an e-Sim for my main number?

Which screen protector should I be looking at? I prefer open cases, preferably the normal Original Samsung ones are ok.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance.
1. It comes without a charger, I am using this one for my Ultra:
2. The S21 Ultra is dual, both physical sims. Not sure about the base S21
3. Keep the screen protector on that it ships with

Reactions: Yuu

Koosvanwyk

So my S21 Ultra just "died" on me last evening.

Black screen of death. Phone was still powered up and connected to wifi and bluetooth devices, in fact the netflix video was still playing and could be paused and resumed by tapping the screen.

w1tw0lf

So my S21 Ultra just "died" on me last evening.

Black screen of death. Phone was still powered up and connected to wifi and bluetooth devices, in fact the netflix video was still playing and could be paused and resumed by tapping the screen.
Seems like few people are having this issue....

• Sad

blowdart18

Anyone had an issue when making or receiving normal cellular calls whereby neither party can hear the other? Just silence on both sides.

Whatsapp calls on the other hand work flawlessly so does not appear to be an issue.

Have in some cases answered and then put the caller on speaker, the other person cannot hear me or is very faint on the line.
Drop the call and redial normally fixes it.

Koosvanwyk

Seems like few people are having this issue....
Screen, battery and something else (cannot recall what it is) being replaced. Phone is 5 months old, at least it is under warrenty.

The technician did mention that they have had a few with the same symptoms.

Last edited:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Report: sales of Samsung Galaxy S21 series are lower than S20, S10 sales

Korean publications citing analytical firm Kiwoom Securities report that Samsung is disappointed with the sales of the Galaxy S21 generation. The early expectations were that the series will be a hit, but that didn’t pan out.

In the first six months of availability, the S21 models have sold a total of 13.5 million units. That is 20% below what the Galaxy S20 generation managed in the same time frame and a whopping 47% less than the S10 generation.

Here’s a chart from Counterpoint Research, which shows the month-by-month sales of Galaxy S series going back to the S5:

During the first month of availability the S21 flagships sold 590,000 units on their home turf in Korea. That was the highest since the Galaxy S8, which moved 620,000 units in the first month. Global sales for the first month were slightly more than 1 million units, the 10 million mark was reached five months after the S21 series launched.

Snip.jpeg

• Sad

Grubscrew

Expert Member
A few months into the ownership of the S21 Ultra and I am underwhelmed. There was no reason to have upgraded. I think cellphones have peaked.