Samsung Galaxy S21

Nimz

Executive Member
A few months into the ownership of the S21 Ultra and I am underwhelmed. There was no reason to have upgraded. I think cellphones have peaked.
Yeah, I've just joined the dark side (Apple) this weekend.

From having every Galaxy Device from the S2 all the way up to the S21+ it's quite a refreshing change.

And on that note, i'm out.

Best of luck gents

Reactions: Yuu

Carvin

For those looking for a screen protector, I got myself the Protection Pro protector for my S21 Ultra. It sits like the standard screen protector and not as thick as the common glass protectors. I find it to be awesome for the fingerprint sensor - which was giving me headaches with the glass protector. I got mine at Hi Store Waterfront for R249 with a 6 month guarantee. Totally worth it!

Duke of Hazard

Looks like I can upgrade on Vodacom to a S21. Any advice? Does this phone come with a charger? If not, please send a link to buy 1, or what is the going price of the charger at the Samsung/Vodacom store.

Then I received confirmation the phone will be dual sim. Do I ask the shop for an e-Sim for my main number?

Which screen protector should I be looking at? I prefer open cases, preferably the normal Original Samsung ones are ok.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance.
Sorry this is a bit late,

I bought an S21 cash from incredible connection and it was Dual-Sim, physical sims.

Duke of Hazard

How's everyone finding their S21's ?

This so far has been the best phone I've owned thus far and have had Samsung from the S3 and a few Huawei's and iPhones along the way.

S21 in Grey, 256gb space is ample, 5G is amazing, takes amazing photos but after the latest update it's a bit slow to open sometimes.

Carvin

The phone is good but I am not sure about the camera. My wife's P40 lite takes sharper images in my opinion and I am struggling to justify the softer images. Zoom and video is good though and yes, I have tried every camera setting in the book including 12 bit raw images. This is on my S21 Ultra.

Mirai

Expert Member
Thinking of this deal:
R16,800.

Any opinions about the supplier?

GreatWmR

Expert Member
Thinking of this deal:
R16,800.

Any opinions about the supplier?
Don't know them but i got my S21 ultra from this place

w1tw0lf

so apparently Samsung removed a lot of features from beta 1 due to bugs but more features and new app icons(fingers crossed the new icons don't look cartoony) are coming in future beta's....
Let's hope so as well. Not a big fan of the new charge animation.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
iPhone 13 Pro Max vs Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Camera Test - Mrwhosetheboss

Splitcore

I recently upgraded to the S21+, I like the performance, I like the camera (zoom is amazing), but the battery life... My 2 year old Huawei P30 outlasts my brand new S21+ while my Huawei runs a battery intensive game afk (Black Desert Mobile) and my Samsung only had WIFI hotspot on.
I've disabled/reduced a whole bunch of stuff like some of the wake functions/ enabled dark mode/ Always on display-off / reduced refresh rate to 60 Hz and it's still draining way too fast for the amount I'm using it...
Anyone else experiencing the same? Or anyone has some advice?

Also happy Friday! Cheers