Samsung Galaxy S21

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
There is newer version, BUKG, that I am on. But even with BUK7 I had no issues.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
My battery drains like a mofo after the update. Switched almost everything off to get more life out of it

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Whatever you do, don't do the UI4 update.
Battery started at 85% at 6:15. 7:15 it was on 70% (15% drop with not using it - I was still sleeping)
It is now (9:15) on 48%, with ONLY 38 min screentime. This is so bad!

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
When did you update ? Normally a day or 2 before device settles with new os version. I am on BUKG don't have battery issues.

December patch just started rolling out. BUL1

LandyMan

Honorary Master
When did you update ? Normally a day or 2 before device settles with new os version. I am on BUKG don't have battery issues.

December patch just started rolling out. BUL1
Mine auto updated about 2 days after release I think
23 November to be exact

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
Not sure if this might be the difference.

Because mtn/vodacom take their time to release updates, I have been flashing updates via odin and haven't had any issues. I am always on the latest update and can't remember when last I did an ota update.

marhsava

Not sure if this might be the difference.

Because mtn/vodacom take their time to release updates, I have been flashing updates via odin and haven't had any issues. I am always on the latest update and can't remember when last I did an ota update.
Always thought voda/MTN(XFE) gets its first and Telkom(XFA) last

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
mtn is also XFA
vodacom is XFV
XFE is unbranded

as far as i know.

Last edited:

Ciferion

I got mine on Monday.
It came pre-loaded with Android 12.
Everything works fine no crashing apps.
So far enjoying the phone, upgraded from a s10.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I've got a Huawei Mate 30 Pro that's 2 years + old and haven't looked at other phones since getting it. Recently, however, I thought it may be time for an upgrade was a bit underwhelmed with the S21 Ultra.

Hoping the S22 is a bit of a jump

FiestaST

Honorary Master
MKBHD’s acclaimed Smartphone Awards (2021) just dropped.

The S21 Ultra takes top spot for Phone of the Year.

Park@82

Honorary Master
I've got a Huawei Mate 30 Pro that's 2 years + old and haven't looked at other phones since getting it. Recently, however, I thought it may be time for an upgrade was a bit underwhelmed with the S21 Ultra.

Hoping the S22 is a bit of a jump
I have a 2 year + old P30 Pro, also looking to upgrade. Hoping to get a good deal on the S21 ultra when the S22 drops.

Koosvanwyk

So my S21 Ultra landed in the Klein Brak river this December. It was submerged for less than 10 seconds and no deeper than 2 feet.

Phone is a total write off, R30k odd to fix (more than a new phone due to labour) as everything needs to be replaced. Thanks Samsung Care!

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
So my S21 Ultra landed in the Klein Brak river this December. It was submerged for less than 10 seconds and no deeper than 2 feet.

Phone is a total write off, R30k odd to fix (more than a new phone due to labour) as everything needs to be replaced. Thanks Samsung Care!
I would fight it... the phone is suppose to be water proof ?

With an IP68 rating, you are basically covered for immersion in water that is around 1.5 meters deep, and for about 30 minutes, at least that’s what Samsung has claimed about the new S21 series. A bigger depth or longer exposure can cause the phone to break, therefore, as always, it's best NOT to get it wet, although that will probably be fine.

It even says so on there own website that it is IP68 rated, https://www.samsung.com/za/smartphones/galaxy-s21-5g/

1641293003077.png

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
Would still fight it, saw a posted somewhere of someone with a galaxy watch 4 that had the same issue as you and they tried to get out of it with the whole fresh water thing only. Ended up getting a replacement watch as it was deemed the "seal" was defective.

If what you say is true, 10 seconds, 2 feet it wouldn't have cause damage, you would have had some protection. They trying the easy way out.