Samsung Galaxy S3 - Recommend me a ROM

NomNom

Executive Member
Hi there

Can anyone please recommend me a ROM for my Samsung Galaxy S3 (International Edition), I have tried Cyanogenmod and really liked it but it was a little too buggy and battery hungry for me, I am currently running on a stock 4.3 ROM but it's really slow (got used to Cyangenmod's speed)

Is there a stock/semi-stock ROM out there with some/all the bloatware ripped out?

Also if someone can explain to me how to put on a ROM so that Samsung Kies will detect it and offer me updates to my phone when available, that would be fantastic thanks as it's really bugging me.

Would flashing back to the original ROM my phone came with sort this out?

When I first got the phone I had: i9300XXEMC2 (Android 4.1.2)
Currently have: i9300XXUGMK6 (Android 4.3)

Last edited:

Will89

I'd recommend you try a Team UB ROM, it's simply the best I've come across for the i9300. It pretty much has everything, PIE, Halo, Multi window and more. roms.abun880007.co.uk/i9300/
You can find out more about them on their G+ page. If you want a Touchwiz based ROM you can try OMEGA ROM but you still won't get any official Samsung updates through Kies

kb2015

My Samsung Galaxy S3 is stuck on Jelly Bean (Android 4.3).
Sometimes the phone is a bit laggy and slow, and the battery life is not so good.

What is the best, latest custom ROM for the Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) that is fast, stable, bug-free, and gives good battery life?

Park@82

Honorary Master
My Samsung Galaxy S3 is stuck on Jelly Bean (Android 4.3).
Sometimes the phone is a bit laggy and slow, and the battery life is not so good.

What is the best, latest custom ROM for the Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) that is fast, stable, bug-free, and gives good battery life?
Running Slimkat on my old s3, seems to be running well.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/orig-development/rom-slimkat-i9300-t2565166
http://slimroms.net/index.php/downl...7931-slim-i9300-4-4-4-build-9-0-official-8312