Samsung Galaxy S3 review (MyBroadband)

LinuxMan

Expert Member
Coming from owning an S2, it is not worth the upgrade. Most S2 owners agree, I also prefer the S2 design and size. I looked at the S3 about a week ago, and yes it is just that bit too big!!

eshwar

Coming from owning an S2, it is not worth the upgrade. Most S2 owners agree, I also prefer the S2 design and size. I looked at the S3 about a week ago, and yes it is just that bit too big!!
Depends on your hands :p I can still do one handed typing on the S3 so that is still a GO for me :D!

psyc

Whats this i hear that there is 2 versions available, and one should wait for the next one as the current one has some display issues?

it will only catch flames if you misuse or over use the phone, i do multi processing and its rooted and no issues at all

HBee

Expert Member
Been using mine for a week now. The eye and voice recocnition is a bit of a hit and miss, but the rest works like a charm and the phones performance is astounding. As I have a samsung tv with buit-in wi-fi and allplay, I can also comment and say that the allplay feature from the phone to the tv also works great.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Even the initial naysayers are now taking their words back. The S3 wins. That is all.

Mr Feesh

Expert Member
Been using mine for a week now. The eye and voice recocnition is a bit of a hit and miss, but the rest works like a charm and the phones performance is astounding. As I have a samsung tv with buit-in wi-fi and allplay, I can also comment and say that the allplay feature from the phone to the tv also works great.
do you find that its instant when it comes to changing photo? each photo takes time to load on my one, only a few seconds

Don't you mean AllShare?? very good integration for samsung!!!!!! now i just need a fridge from samsung that will give me notifications when i am running low on beer LOL

No the phone is fast all round even with photos, remember to restart your phone once a week and also to clear recent apps for ultimate performance if you are not rooted.

do you find that its instant when it comes to changing photo? each photo takes time to load on my one, only a few seconds

Mr Feesh

Expert Member
No the phone is fast all round even with photos, remember to restart your phone once a week and also to clear recent apps for ultimate performance if you are not rooted.
I'm talking about slow to load on the tv, its perfectly quick on my phone.

WillieRas

Hi Guys,

I have my S3 for 9 days now and i truly like this phone. There are however some bugs it seems that i want to know if anyone else is experiencing.

The bigest at the moment is that 50% of the time i speak to someone, they complain that they cant hear me. I googled it and followed the instructions of doing a factory reset but this did not solve the issue.

The second is the signal seems to be fluctuating a lot. Especially just after the complain of being unable to hear me.

The last this is the battery that drains out quickly. I leave it on charge the whole night and by 15:00 in the afternoon i have to plug it in again. If the batery is fully charged and not plugged in when i go to sleep, the next morning it will be on 50% batery remaining.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I really dont want to take it back because it will probably be a month process to get exchanged. Or they will just reload the software and send it back to me.

Kind Regards

mayurh

Expert Member
thats sad to hear,
if you have done a hard reset and it has not helped, then i suggest you return the phone
battery life, you could change the network to 2g only and that should make it last a bit longer.
how much do you use the phone?
Hi Guys,

I have my S3 for 9 days now and i truly like this phone. There are however some bugs it seems that i want to know if anyone else is experiencing.

The bigest at the moment is that 50% of the time i speak to someone, they complain that they cant hear me. I googled it and followed the instructions of doing a factory reset but this did not solve the issue.

The second is the signal seems to be fluctuating a lot. Especially just after the complain of being unable to hear me.

The last this is the battery that drains out quickly. I leave it on charge the whole night and by 15:00 in the afternoon i have to plug it in again. If the batery is fully charged and not plugged in when i go to sleep, the next morning it will be on 50% batery remaining.with heavy usage.its normal to need to charge

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I really dont want to take it back because it will probably be a month process to get exchanged. Or they will just reload the software and send it back to me.

Kind Regards

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Hey Wille,

Make sure your GPS and Wifi is off when not in use. It will make your battery last longer. If you don't use any data you can turn that off also, but if you get about a day with everything on then that is about normal.

Can't help you with the problem that the other people can't hear you. Hope you come right on that.

WillieRas

Thanks for the quick responds. I do use it a lot during the day. I'm on a talk 500 that i exceed almost every month so the battery issue i can tweak with the suggestions above. I also receive a lot of emails so the data is a must. Ill switch of wifi and the gps to see if that improves and also enable the power save functions. I just hope the microphone issue gets sorted out quickly by means of a firmware upgrade or something as it seems to be a common problem. I also havent hard reset the phone since i got it so ill also try that. Heres the link to the microphone issue: http://www.thenewstribe.com/2012/07/13/samsung-galaxy-s3-solutions-for-microphone-malfunctions-problem/#.UAVvp_XK2SQ

eshwar

GPS you don't have to worry about. When its active you'll see the sign on the notification bar. Otherwise, rest assured its not sipping any power. So you'll need a fairly critical bug for the GPS to keep polling. But you will always know when it is.