Samsung Galaxy S5, Gear successor launch window

Ghost29

Sigh, that seems a while off. I should have synchronised my contract upgrades with their launch windows. I really want the S4 but I think the price will only drop when the S5 launches.

william riker

my contract is due for an update in late may!
will wait for s4 prices to go down as that is enough phone for me

human75

as a android fan i can tell you that s4 isn't a good phone at all...i bought it and sent it back in 6 days due have a lots of problem...

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
as a android fan i can tell you that s4 isn't a good phone at all...i bought it and sent it back in 6 days due have a lots of problem...

Apart from the Note 3, it's the best out there right now. Or one of the best. That's for sure.

Midnight_choir_drunk

Expert Member
People need to stop sucking on the samsung teet. They've been out gunned in android based phones by LG,HTC and even Sony in recent year. Cheap plastic nonsense relatively speaking and sold at premium prices. Well that's my 5 sense.

FNfal

Executive Member
People need to stop sucking on the samsung teet. They've been out gunned in android based phones by LG,HTC and even Sony in recent year. Cheap plastic nonsense relatively speaking and sold at premium prices. Well that's my 5 sense.

It must be mid night.

ChocolateBadger

Expert Member
If it is anything like the Galaxy S2 then it is locked in for my April upgrade. The S2 is still the best looking in the S range IMO.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
My Company phone due for upgrade in July - I currently have a note 3 and really enjoying it. Will wait for a note 4.... :) The gear, although i initially thought was a bit geeky is actually working so nicely :)

genetic

Honorary Master
My other contract is due for an upgrade in September... Already got the S4. Looking at the Note 4 later in the year!

11masoodt

I rate the Xperia Z1 is better and probably the one of the best phones on the market, if not the best.

battletoad

Expert Member
Please do elaborate.
1. They shipped a gimped phone not ready for prime time. If you place a premium on a device make sure its worthwhile.
2. Nothing to write home about in the looks department.
3. New Mhl cables are needed, some lag on the S3 cable.
4. Miracast works for a bit, then suddenly stops responding.
5. Knox
6. A few friends had battery issues
7. Octa core is worthless, they failed on the engineering
Then there are more technical issues which don't really affect 99% of users, but do affect me

Craig747

I'm due to upgrade in March this year, and as tempting as it is to wait for the S5, I think I'm going to rather go for the LG G2

Brawler

Honorary Master

I agree with this and my current phone is a s3. Samsung make good phones but not the best.

pjjdp

Expert Member
My current phone is also a S3 running JellyBean 4.3(Official UK ROM). So far my phone is great. Takes great pictures, Battery lasts 2 days now on 4.3. On 4.1, it was charged daily.

A friend has the S4 and it's nothing special over the S3. But I have to add, my wife has a cough cough, 920 Lumia and it's smoother than my S3.

Due for upgrade in May. This year I will check all phones first. If I don't find anything really outstanding, I will stick with my S3 for a while.