Samsung Galaxy S5 gets accidental damage from handling warranty in SA

FaSMaN

Expert Member
That's actually pretty good of them, but still getting a Sony Z2 if that drops in the water you just dry it off lol XD

Sl8er

Executive Member
That's actually pretty good of them, but still getting a Sony Z2 if that drops in the water you just dry it off lol XD

Same with the S5, you dry it off. Now, let your screen crack and you're on your own with the Z2 -unless you have/pay insurance. OTH, Samsung will sort you out no questions asked.

EDIT: IF ADH is announced today. I can't see why they wouldn't though.

Last edited:
K

kingrob

This is a fantastic value-add from Samsung.

It really makes it difficult/rather impossible to pick any other phone brand.

Bona Botse

A little insight goes a long way
Bleugh. They changed the T&C's of the Note 3 ADH warranty from an instant new phone to an instant loan phone while they fix your phone. Who knows what they'll do a few months after you get your shiny new S5?

Sl8er

Executive Member
Do owners of other phones never drop their devices? Or, as I am lead to believe from a number of references to the appearance of the phone versus functionality, do they just frame them and mount them on the wall rather than use them?

Not at all. If it does what I need it to do, looks are of no object to me.
I thought his comment was funny, though. :)

F

Fudzy

The IP rating of the S5 is higher than the Z2 so the argument around getting it wet is moot. Has anyone tried to claim against this warranty with their S4s? How smooth is it?

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Samsung changing the game here - supplying a piece of hardware to proper service and support. Good luck to other other manufacturers to compete on that!

droplet

Expert Member
this is such a strong reason to get an S4 or S5. i have utilised the warranty once - was painless, fast (<20 minutes) and pleasant.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Jan, do you have any more information on this snippet?

a Samsung spokesperson said that all information will be shared at the launch event on 10 April 2014

KikzAzz

Do owners of other phones never drop their devices? Or, as I am lead to believe from a number of references to the appearance of the phone versus functionality, do they just frame them and mount them on the wall rather than use them?

No, they trade them in for a Samsung :)

Kayoss

Are Samsung owners naturally clumsy? :D

Nope, but Samsung phones are built that poorly..

Samsung keep sticking with that cheap plastic for their galaxy range. Think about some of the other phones in that price range.. HTC One, Xperia Z2, iPhone 5s, Nokia Lumia, etc...

Premium phones should have a premium build. Samsung fail badly in this department so, why do they offer the ADH? It's because it really needs the ADH to compensate for their rubbish build quality.

Don't get me wrong, they're great phones and the ADH warranty is a fantastic bonus, but the phones are built poorly!

Source: Currently own an S4. Previously owned the S3 and S2.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Nope, but Samsung phones are built that poorly..

Samsung keep sticking with that cheap plastic for their galaxy range. Think about some of the other phones in that price range.. HTC One, Xperia Z2, iPhone 5s, Nokia Lumia, etc...

Premium phones should have a premium build. Samsung fail badly in this department so, why do they offer the ADH? It's because it really needs the ADH to compensate for their rubbish build quality.

Don't get me wrong, they're great phones and the ADH warranty is a fantastic bonus, but the phones are built poorly!

Source: Currently own an S4. Previously owned the S3 and S2.

HTC1 is a bit stronger, Iphone is weakest (S5 in the middle of the two, no z2 to break yet).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYgg6RMB6g4

S5 better than S4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=py6zXJoS-cE

S5 in pool (1 meter deep, 1 hour) and front loader (full cycle, 50 minutes).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9J611BuXhw