Samsung Galaxy S5 - MyBroadband hands-on

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
For the first time ever Im way more excited about the new iphone than I was about the S5.

Dolby

Honorary Master
For the first time ever Im way more excited about the new iphone than I was about the S5.

What do you expect from the new iphone?

They are usually the most uninteresting - yet hyped - launches out there.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
You don't even know what the iPhone 6 will be like?

Indeed, but my level of excitement for it is "meh". It'll either be a bit bigger (meh) or faster (meh) or thinner (meh). The exciting days where we eagerly anticipated a "one more thing" are long gone.

ozzz

I hate these huge phones. For the 1st time I'm not sure if I will like the new iPhone 6 when it is released

Dan C

Honorary Master
I hate these huge phones. For the 1st time I'm not sure if I will like the new iPhone 6 when it is released

Agreed, too big.. as per the title 'Hands'-on .. i.e. you need both hands to keep this bugger to your ear. :D

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
That's what was worries me - S3/S4 are great sizes IMO.

I want to get a Z2 later and I'm really worried about size
Is there any indication how good the offering will be for the Z2? i.e. compared to the S5 which seems to come with a tonne of extras to sweeten the deal!

nakedpeanut

Expert Member
Picked up the S5 from Esquire for my mom this weekend. Very nice phone! Now my poor S2's age is starting to show.
The S5's additional apps feels like it should be paired with a Fit or Gear. Lots of sporting apps.

All in all well packaged product. Just really pricey if you want to buy it straight out.
None of the current contracts are really that appealing either.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Is there any indication how good the offering will be for the Z2? i.e. compared to the S5 which seems to come with a tonne of extras to sweeten the deal!

Woops - missed this.

I doubt performance really comes into play ; they're both quite similar. To me the Sony looks better & more premium, has better build quality and I like the fact it has less bloatware. The negative for me is size.

But they are very close and I'd be happy with either

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Woops - missed this.

I doubt performance really comes into play ; they're both quite similar. To me the Sony looks better & more premium, has better build quality and I like the fact it has less bloatware. The negative for me is size.

But they are very close and I'd be happy with either

The S5 is a Snapdragon processor, so just load an AOSP ROM and you have zero bloatware, this is why I would buy the handset.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I find this phone wholly unappealing. I understand we're in a period where there it isn't likely to be a quantum leap in technology but they could have at least made it prettier. Those colours and the backplate look very cheap.

Going to get me a LG G2 rather when my contract expire in June.

Dolby

Honorary Master
The S5 is a Snapdragon processor, so just load an AOSP ROM and you have zero bloatware, this is why I would buy the handset.

I guess - that's why I say they're fairly close.

But the Sony has the better camera (20MP vs 16MP and has the larger sensor)
Sony has the larger battery (3200 vs 2800)
Sony more RAM (3GB vs 2GB) and only slightly slower processor (2.3ghz vs 2.5ghz)

Then you get the higher IP rating and premium looking phone.

If it's not too expensive, this may be by next choice