Samsung Galaxy S5 specs and pricing rumours

Inertia

Expert Member
Is it worth waiting for this instead of getting an S4/S4 Mini now?

Vegeta

Executive Member
Will Samsung update/support the S4/S4 Mini past KitKat?

This is why I prefer Nexus devices or the new Moto with vanilla Android.

falcon786

Honorary Master

The s4 mini should not be mentioned in the same sentence as the s4 since the specs differ significantly,s4 mini is midrange while the s4 proper is a high end android.

BBotha

Thanks to the Exynos processor, no CFW. You are suck with Samsung bloatware.

Iroiro

Why such a high res (2,560×1,440) on the screen? On a 1080p 5 inch screen I already can't see any pixels with my nose to the thing.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Thanks to the Exynos processor, no [highlight]CFW[/highlight]. You are [highlight]suck[/highlight] with Samsung bloatware.

Custom Firmware, as in there are no custom ROMs available for Samsung's proprietary Exynos SoC?

Yes wait for the S5 then the S4 price will come down and buy it cash.

falcon786

Honorary Master
Size matters

If you want a compact high end phone then get a Sony z1 compact which should be out here in a month or so.....its a true high end phone with High PPI screen and top of the range cpu ,cam etc Its even waterproof.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Can’t wait to listen to the plastic vs. metal debate?

In various S3/S4 threads, the Samsung supporters married plastic, they will probably upgrade to the plastic version then :whistling:

Vegeta

Executive Member
I have 2 aluminium HTC's it sucks that even after a tiny fall it scratches and/or dents. I also dont like the fact that they are heavier than plastic phones in a pocket lighter feels better.

Shred

Expert Member
Company Rep
I soon to be phone will have a better resolution that my PC monitor. I wish I could get a monitor with a resolution of 2,560×1,440 at a reasonable price :( Stuck with 1920x1200.

FlashSA

Executive Member
I have 2 aluminium HTC's it sucks that even after a tiny fall it scratches and/or dents. I also dont like the fact that they are heavier than plastic phones in a pocket lighter feels better.

Have to agree with you. I dented my S4 rear cover when I squashed it against the corner of a desk while in my pocket. Gave the microSD slot a dent too. R120 bought me a brand new back cover while something like the metal iPhone HTC would be dented forever.