Samsung Galaxy S5 versus HTC One M8 versus Sony Xperia Z2

lestoran

I'd definitely go for the HTC ONE.

My old HTC still works like a bomb, and I'm starting to dislike the cheap feel of my S3.

Agreed. With tech specs all the same I choose the phone who's screen wont crack the 1st time its dropped.

That dismisses Samsung from my experience (and that of almost 10 people in my office). My HTC OneX is still fine after being dropped several times - whats the opinion on Sony in this regard?

Agreed. With tech specs all the same I choose the phone who's screen wont crack the 1st time its dropped.

That dismisses Samsung from my experience (and that of almost 10 people in my office). My HTC OneX is still fine after being dropped several times - whats the opinion on Sony in this regard?

you are and work with very clumsy people. you know the phone is not a football, right?

SteveO

Expert Member
After coming back to an S4 from the HTC One X I can say that I definately wont stick with Samsung.

The HTC UI is so much better and it seems the SW updates are coming more frequently now.

On the camera side this Ultrapixel thing is a silly move from HTC. That said some of the new images look to be quite decent (about par with Lumia 1020 in low light) Will have to see how it does in the real head to head tests.

If I dont go for the HTC then I'll wait for the LG G3 and see what that brings. I cant stand the S5 nor the Z1/Z2

After coming back to an S4 from the HTC One X I can say that I definately wont stick with Samsung.

The HTC UI is so much better and it seems the SW updates are coming more frequently now.

On the camera side this Ultrapixel thing is a silly move from HTC. That said some of the new images look to be quite decent (about par with Lumia 1020 in low light) Will have to see how it does in the real head to head tests.

If I dont go for the HTC then I'll wait for the LG G3 and see what that brings. I cant stand the S5 nor the Z1/Z2

again. UI is a bad reason to not like a phone. because android. you aren't stuck with any ui.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Until your screen or internals break for whatever reason.

Which it doesn't. But, tbh, the specs on these phones are all so similar that you can really choose the one that is prettiest to you.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Which it doesn't. But, tbh, the specs on these phones are all so similar that you can really choose the one that is prettiest to you.

Yeah, I agree, they're all very similar.

Never say never, though. I explained in the Z1 thread, a while back, that "water resistant" and "dust proof" won't cover breakage. Another forum member, can't remember who, was quite adamant about the build quality of said Z1. A month or so ago, I saw where someone started a thread asking about where they can go to get their Z1 screen repaired. I thought to myself, THIS is why ADH is a big deciding factor.

So...in my case...I'd be happier knowing that I have some lifelines...because ***** does happen. (Although I think the S5 is butt ugly, the ADH would tip it in my favor -if I had to choose :) )

dabbler

Expert Member
I have an Xperia Z which I'm very happy with, I don't like the plastic Samsung and I won't get the HTC, so I don't really have to think much about it.

genetic

Honorary Master

Exactly this!

It's down to personal preference this time round.

falcon786

Honorary Master
So what does the z2 give you that the s5 doesn't?

Premium build quality,looks and a great feel in hand,the only other phone in this comparison that can do that is the HTC One m8 but yes the z2 trumps it in many departments.

I currently use a note 3 but when I play with somebodies z1 the note always looks and feels relatively "cheap" and lacks style next to the Sony.