Samsung Galaxy S7 – South African contract and cash prices

falcon786

Honorary Master
I haven't anything about ADH on the s7 in the media,anybody know if its confirmed?How many claims if so?

Akirky

Expert Member
I haven't anything about ADH on the s7 in the media,anybody know if its confirmed?How many claims if so?

From Vodacom pre-order site.

ADH Premium “Accidental Damage From Handling with Premium Service”
This premium service offers you one free screen and glass panel repair/replacement with your purchase of the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. With the Smart Pick-Up and Smart Swap the damaged device will be collected from you and returned upon completion of the repair. You will be loaned a similar premium quality Galaxy device to use whilst waiting for the repair to be completed.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Jesus. Might as well buy an iPhone for that price?!

cozinsky

Expert Member
Jesus. Might as well buy an iPhone for that price?!

This is a valid point. iPhones always had the highest price and this was a big selling point for Samsung. Nowadays, Samsung wants to compete head to head with Apple on pricing. This is a dangerous strategy because I know of many people who refuse to buy Samsung flagships phones anymore because they feel that they are not getting enough value for money. Having said that, both phones are extremely capable and it is pretty much down to personal preference whether you prefer Android or iOS and whether you are willing to wait 2 years between upgrades (I am looking at you Samsung).

mercurial

MyBB Legend
This is a valid point. iPhones always had the highest price and this was a big selling point for Samsung. Nowadays, Samsung wants to compete head to head with Apple on pricing.

Don't talk nonsense. Rand/$ is responsible to a large degree. If Orange are selling it for R12k, then imagine the cost if the Rand were around R10 to the $.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Don't forget besides the ZAR tanking Samsung themselves positioned the S6 range at a higher price point (iPhone-level) before. It ties in with their more premium metal bodies not the plastic crap of yore.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Don't forget besides the ZAR tanking Samsung themselves positioned the S6 range at a higher price point (iPhone-level) before. It ties in with their more premium metal bodies not the plastic crap of yore.
Only the mass sheeple saw it as crap. Still using the plastic cover on my note 1 and even with my old battery swelling it still works. It's the same polycarbonate material used in F1 cars and helmets.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Only the mass sheeple saw it as crap. Still using the plastic cover on my note 1 and even with my old battery swelling it still works. It's the same polycarbonate material used in F1 cars and helmets.

And with metal, the phone is heavier, so if it falls...

kianm

Honorary Master
Seems i'm keeping the S4 for another couple of years, waiting for the S11