Samsung Galaxy S7 revealed – the next generation of smartphone

BraBean

Honorary Master
Also still on the S4. Think I'll wait and see what the S9 will bring to the table.

koeks525

Expert Member
Still rocking my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE :)

I will probably upgrade when Android 7 releases.

SammyD

Expert Member
Its ugly (so was the S6). And the S6 edge looks better than the S7 edge. Just my opinion.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
These are the carrier deals for the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge in the UK

http://www.gsmarena.com/these_are_t...alaxy_s7_and_s7_edge_in_the_uk-news-16798.php

EE

Samsung Galaxy S7
EE is offering the 32GB Galaxy S7 at a monthly cost of £49.99 (for 24 months) and an upfront cost of £9.99.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
The edge variant (32GB model) can be yours for £9.99 upfront followed by £54.99 per month.

Both handsets are available in Black Onyx and Gold Platinum color options.

O2

Samsung Galaxy S7
O2 is offering the 32GB Galaxy S7 variant for £54 monthly and an upfront cost of £9.99.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
The edge version (32GB model), on the other hand, costs less - £9.99 upfront followed by £51 a month for 2 years.

Color options for both flagships include Black Onyx and Gold Platinum.

Vodafone

Samsung Galaxy S7
If you want to purchase the Galaxy S7 from Vodafone, you'll have to shell out £9 upfront followed by £50 a month for the next 24 months.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
The edge variant can be yours for as low as £9 upfront followed by 24 monthly instalments of £56 each.

Black Onyx and Gold Platinum color variants are available for both devices.

Three

Samsung Galaxy S7
Three UK is offering the Galaxy S7 (32GB model) for as low as £41 a month on a regular 2-year contract with an upfront payment of £29.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
The edge variant can be purchased for as low as £49 upfront followed by 24 monthly instalments of £47 a month.

50 GBP is currently 1095 ZAR.

whatwhat

Executive Member
These are good phones, and the 820 processor in it is really what should have been in the S6 last year.

But competition is good, and the f1.7 camera is pretty good.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Way too expensive, and the non-removable battery is a deal breaker for me.
Will be getting the LG G5 this time around.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Looks like a great phone, much sexier than the S6/Edge. The S7 Edge is particularly nice. Well done Samsung.

mcastudios

Just out of curiosity, why do people compare this with the S6 when most people only upgrade after 2 years? This seems like a decent upgrade from the S5.

JoE

I think they've addressed most of the issues from the S6 and this looks like a great phone to get.

km2

Expert Member
It does.

"The Samsung Galaxy S7 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, 3G, 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India)."

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-3310

That's promising, but I would really want to see a spec sheet that includes the model number when talking about bands. Samsung likes to release 10+ models around the world with different LTE bands and specs like Exynos vs Snapdragon, and last time with the Galaxy S6 we got the SM-G920F which was the European model without Band 40, even though there was an Indian and Hong Kong model available (SM-G9200) which did support it. From some of the sites I read it looks like the Dual SIM capability of the S7 is only going to be available on select models.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Think I'll stick with my S5 for now. Nothing I saw about the S7 seems essential.

Last edited:

system32

Expert Member
Boycott Samsung Galaxy S7

Boycott Samsung Galaxy S7 until they demonstrate a willingness to keep Android up to date.

Dutch Consumer Association sues Samsung for not updating Android on 82 percent of its phones
See: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/dutch-consumer-group-sues-samsung-over-updates/

I have a Galaxy Note 3 (unlocked - as all South African Phones are) that is still on 4.4.
Google released Android 5 whilst Note 3 was still current.
Google released Android 6 whilst Note 3 was not yet 2 years old from end of last sale.
I can hack a Russian [sammobile/xda unofficial channel] Samsung Android 5 onto my Note 3 via odin - not sure how that affects the 2 year warranty.

Android 6 will never be made available by Samsung, even though Note 3 is less than 2 years old.

I expect support from the last day of sales for 2 additional years (minimum).
That's not an unreasonable expectation for a device that costs more than R10,000.
Just the security issues alone should be enough reason to keep the devices current.