Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I received another firmware update this morning and thought it was just the usual security patch but now I have a new charging animation so I wonder what else has changed.

Mercury12

Expert Member
Has anyone experienced the battery expanding on the s8 plus? My battery has expanded and drains really fast. Anyone know where I can get it replaced?

Mux

I have the s8 and my battery puffed up as well to the extent that the case partially lifted. Took it to a paki-shop and got the battery replaced. Can't remember what I paid but it is more that a year later and I am still happy.

LinuxMan

Expert Member
Just got the update on Vodacom.
My S8 still going strong, no need to change.
Luckily no swollen battery.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Samfirm is a nice app to download the latest firmware if you guys want. The likes of sammobile and updato all download so slow and wants you to pay premium for fast downloads.

Samfirm not sure what their source is but it's local probably a CDN maxed my line at 22MB/s when downloading XFE for my S8 now. :)

Attachments

• SamFirm_v0.3.5.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 11

skinndeep

Expert Member
Hey guys, I need a front screen replacement. I went to Dion Wired for a quote and they said it's R4,100. That sounded high to me. Must i go to a Samsung store instead?

dunkyd

Executive Member
Hey guys, I need a front screen replacement. I went to Dion Wired for a quote and they said it's R4,100. That sounded high to me. Must i go to a Samsung store instead?
...for a Samsung phone ? What do you think ?

marioat1

Expert Member
If you want cheap, buy the full kit on aliexpress and have the corner cellphone shop fit it.

skinndeep

Expert Member
Okay thanks guys, the recommended price from Samsung is 2600. But that excl labour. I felt that 1500 for labour was steep

cavedog

Honorary Master
Anyone know any reputable cellphone repair shops?

I made a claim on my S8 screen and they want a quote. Sent them the online quote from Cell Clinic but declined it they want a quote with reference numbers and job numbers ect. So they are recommending me to go to We Fix but I read reviews and they fit aftermarket screens. I want a genuine Samsung screen fitted not an Aftermarket screen.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Anyone know any reputable cellphone repair shops?

I made a claim on my S8 screen and they want a quote. Sent them the online quote from Cell Clinic but declined it they want a quote with reference numbers and job numbers ect. So they are recommending me to go to We Fix but I read reviews and they fit aftermarket screens. I want a genuine Samsung screen fitted not an Aftermarket screen.
VODACOM REPAIRS CENTURION
  • CENTURION, 12.81 km
  • Address : Shop 131A, CENTURION CENTRE, Cnr HENDRICK VERWOED & HEUWEL STREET , 0157

cavedog

Honorary Master
Took the phone to We Fix Mall of Africa and they want to book it and charge me R180 for the assessment....

Frustrated I go to Samsung Mall of Africa and I should have just gone there first. So helpful. They booked the phone in for assessment free of charge. Hope my insurance is happy now because now instead of a R2300 repair the estimate for repair is R4350 for a new screen. They might even write it off because it's insured for R6900....