Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 review (MyBroadband)

F

Fudzy

Glad to see the battery life has improved. My wife recieved one of the earlier Tabs as a gift at a conference and it lasts literally a quarter of the time than my iPad2 does. On top of that, it's much smaller and weighs about the same. The SD card and being able to read/write files like a computer are a plus though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jola

Honorary Master
Enjoy your device. I enjoy mine.

I am potentially in the market for a new tablet, mine is a model without 3G, so am looking around.

But I don't want to pick up problems in exchange for the 3G.

Calico182

Expert Member
I've had my tab since July (got a friend to bring it over from the US) and this is honestly the first time I've even heard of Newton Rings...

Elimentals

Honorary Master
The biggest problem with Samsung is the lack of Updates, 99% of BeVonk's problems would be solved in 3.2

I am on 3.2.1 on my Asus Eee Pad and can say I have not been happier with the device, even more so than my iPad 1 that I only use for games that is not available on Android market.

And seeing that Jola's Xoom is also on 3.2.1 I guess that's why he would agree.

Jola

Honorary Master
And seeing that Jola's Xoom is also on 3.2.1 I guess that's why he would agree.

Yes, I don't have any software issues.

I have even had a software update after 3.2.1, but I don't know what that did, must have been a minor bug fix, it was small, and did not change any version numbers (did change build to HTK75D).

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Yep. Sammy's not into software updates. With them a software update comes with a hardware update every six months. If you want the latest version of the software you must get the latest version of their hardware. Have to root and ROM to stay current.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

isie

Honorary Master
Of the 7 people who got these devices, 3 sent them back because of the newtons rings issue. They were all replaced without question by mtn. The owners accept they're delicate devices and don't let the kids play with it too much anymore. I don't have the problem on my 7" and another doesn't have the problem with his 10.1v. I guess it's got to do with the rigidity of the device.
got to disagree my 6 year old uses my 10.1 more then me and its still fine (*so far knock on wood)

douglash24

I've said it before and will say it again...

32gb Asus Transformer with dock, 2 USB ports, SD and MicroSD ports and mini HDMI interface FTW!!

Currently my tablet has 54gb on it. With 2 x 32Gb cards it could be 96 ;)

Only downside is no 3G.. But with a Mifi router, lol, so what.. :)

isie

Honorary Master
I've said it before and will say it again...

32gb Asus Transformer with dock, 2 USB ports, SD and MicroSD ports and mini HDMI interface FTW!!

Currently my tablet has 54gb on it. With 2 x 32Gb cards it could be 96 ;)

Only downside is no 3G.. But with a Mifi router, lol, so what.. :)

Im guessing samsung had to shave the milimieters off thats why only 1 port for samsung and 6 or so on the asus
8.63mm thick samsung while Asus Transformer is 12.98 mm thick