• Waiting for the LG Optimus Pad

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Waiting for BlackBerry PlayBook

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters

Axis

Good!!! They were greedy to start with. They should also refund the difference to the people who bought it at the inflated prices.
Got no respect for them.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I would think that the Galaxy Tab easily wins on specs. Much higher pixel denstity, can take pictures, twice the ram, can hot swap SD cards, faster bluetooth, about half the weight, can make phone calls. All of which are useful and not something that you'll never use.

The iPad looks better aesthetically and has a larger screen.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
I just don't know if I'd ever buy something which is essentially a touch screen keyboard-less "NET" book without internet making sense in SA.

Yuu

Executive Member
What's the current price and where can we purchase it
Eh...........Samsung Galaxy Tab @ Kalahari for only R5999.00incl

Next time have a look at the article please :)

why would someone buy from kalahari...

Kalahari exclusive said:
Exclusive kalahari.net Offer
Receive a R1000 eMagazine voucher when you purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab from kalahari.net. Offer valid for a limited time only.
Note: This offer is not available through kalahari.net sellers.
makes it tempting though:erm:

Last edited:

CalmD

Wow! Can you imagine how the people who bought the Tab at the original price must be feeling right now? Hardly 6 months and there's already been a 2 grand price reduction. The truth is that the Tab has always felt like a half-baked product. The only reason it got so much attention is because it was touted as being a genuine iPad competitor. If a Samsung executive can admit that the Tab 10.1 is inadequate, I don't know whether he's being honest or humble, then there was no hope for the first one.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/14/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-showcased-on-video-doesnt-look-all-tha/

francoislr

Expert Member
Still think both are way overpriced, but the galaxy tab is cool. It's size is just perfect! The iPad is just too large for me. If I wanted that size a screen I would use a netbook. It's a device to consume media, and I guess some people prefer the bigger screen. Besides, I still watched about 2 seasons of Battlestar Galactica on my Sony Ericsson W900i a few years ago and found it more than perfect. Mind you, won't ever do that again!

milomak

Honorary Master
with the xoom and gt2 around the corner it still looks way overpriced. although i guess that says more about how much they will rip us a new one when the xoom and gt2 (and ipad2) finally arrive on our shores.

Jola

Honorary Master
I still think the Galaxy Tab is too small. 10 inches is perfect
I don't know, I have been using an iPod Touch 4G, and it is OK for most things, it is only sometimes too small. I'm thinking that 7" may be OK.

However, I'm thinking of a Xoom - doesn't seem to support the Cell C frequency of 900MHz UMTS/CDMA, though.

And will it be sold in SA, Motorola have never had decent distribution here ?

Last edited: