Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 – The tablet which can replace your laptop

sajunky

Honorary Master
Nice, but what a price!
When connected, the Galaxy Tab S4 can serve as a track pad or a sketch pad,” added Samsung.
^This. So powerful and unable to do it itself?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'm not feeling it to be honest. Outdated specs, big bezel, ultra slow firmware updates etc. The price isn't cheap and will sell at a premium locally, so you may as well get the vastly superior iPad Pro, which is about to be refreshed with a small-bezel design like this:

cerebus

Honorary Master
Meh, an iPad can't replace my laptop so I don't see how a Galaxy tab will be able to do it.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Tablets, there are basically only two OEMs still bothering to make them and they've not really blown anyone away since. My 5 year old Xperia Tablet Z is still going, okay a little long in the tooth now, but that's cause it's also been dropped a couple hundred times.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
This thing is a beast. Would love one. [MENTION=1]rpm[/MENTION], organise one for an upcoming competition :p

Meh, an iPad can't replace my laptop so I don't see how a Galaxy tab will be able to do it.
They say that because DeX mode. So you basically can run the tablet in a desktop type mode, with desktop type apps.

I'm not feeling it to be honest. Outdated specs, big bezel, ultra slow firmware updates etc. The price isn't cheap and will sell at a premium locally, so you may as well get the vastly superior iPad Pro, which is about to be refreshed with a small-bezel design like this:

how do you think the prices will compare?

cerebus

Honorary Master
They say that because DeX mode. So you basically can run the tablet in a desktop type mode, with desktop type apps.
Still I'd rather have a Surface Go with a keyboard, if that's what I'm trying to do.

cerebus

Honorary Master
sure. but those windows surface things are kark expensive aren't they?
Surface Go starts at $400 but then you need to get the $100 keyboard or probably upgrade to the $550 model if you want a halfway decent work machine. I can imagine that being quite cool if I was the coffee-shop-spreadsheet type of worker; but then again I'd probably splurge on the 12" Macbook if that was the case.

[video=youtube;GJLlxj_dtq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJLlxj_dtq8[/video]

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
how do you think the prices will compare?
The 10.5" iPad Pro and this Samsung thing both start at $650. I don't think there's any question of which device can provide the better user experience.

The 10.5" iPad Pro and this Samsung thing both start at $650. I don't think there's any question of which device can provide the better user experience.
ah ok, but with ipad pro you still have to buy the pen. and it also depends on what user experience you looking for... i want a mobile work device. not a multimedia machine

Surface Go starts at $400 but then you need to get the $100 keyboard or probably upgrade to the $550 model if you want a halfway decent work machine. I can imagine that being quite cool if I was the coffee-shop-spreadsheet type of worker; but then again I'd probably splurge on the 12" Macbook if that was the case.
a ah, that's not bad at all, for some reason i though they were between 20k-30k, maybe that's the proper surface pro?? (don't really know much about them)

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
ah ok, but with ipad pro you still have to buy the pen. and it also depends on what user experience you looking for... i want a mobile work device. not a multimedia machine
Then buy a laptop or one of those Microsoft Surface devices. Neither of these tablets will provide what you're looking for.