Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 – The tablet which can replace your laptop

Then buy a laptop or one of those Microsoft Surface devices. Neither of these tablets will provide what you're looking for.
why will the samsung not do it? most of my work is done via spreadsheets, documents and emails, or remote desktop. All of which I've already tested with my Note8 and S9+ using DeX.

cerebus

Honorary Master
ah ok, but with ipad pro you still have to buy the pen.
No you don't, it's designed to work with the pen and so is the newer $400 iPad, but it's not a requirement. The pen is really for graphics professionals.

and it also depends on what user experience you looking for... i want a mobile work device. not a multimedia machine
I think you underestimate the capabilities of iOS for work. The biggest issues for me would be 1) the screen size is just too small for proper multitasking, and 2) the CPU is too underpowered for real work. Otherwise, it would be fine.

a ah, that's not bad at all, for some reason i though they were between 20k-30k, maybe that's the proper surface pro?? (don't really know much about them)
Yeah the Go is much lower spec, basically a tablet that uses a low-power Intel CPU.

No you don't, it's designed to work with the pen and so is the newer $400 iPad, but it's not a requirement. The pen is really for graphics professionals.
I specifically want the Pen. want to use it for note taking during meetings/workshops/etc.

sajunky

Honorary Master
sure. but those windows surface things are kark expensive aren't they?
They look nice, but they are overheating and fail quite frequent. It is a k.a.k non-serviceable design (meaning - no effort put in design, just glued everything all over).

Oh then yeah you'd have to buy it separately. Apple tax ftw
I did actually investigate the apple ipad pro (as some people here at work have them), and they look awesome.... was quite excited to get one, until I saw the price :(

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
why will the samsung not do it? most of my work is done via spreadsheets, documents and emails, or remote desktop. All of which I've already tested with my Note8 and S9+ using DeX.
Dex is a heavily nerfed version of a desktop operating system. You might need advanced Office features or need to run specific software for business purposes and then run into issues. Better to have a proper desktop PC or laptop + a cellphone and be properly covered.

I did actually investigate the apple ipad pro (as some people here at work have them), and they look awesome.... was quite excited to get one, until I saw the price :(
Yep, it's costly. R11k starting + R3k for the Smart Keyboard + R2k for the Apple Pencil if you need any of those. A quality bag or satchel to carry it all can be pricey too.

But again, same RRP USD price as the Tab S4, and I think the vast majority of people would say that the iPad Pro is by far a superior experience. The horsepower in the iPad Pro is crazy, and it's about to be replaced by a new model. So don't go buying one right now.

Dex is a heavily nerfed version of a desktop operating system. You might need advanced Office features or need to run specific software for business purposes and then run into issues. Better to have a proper desktop PC or laptop + a cellphone and be properly covered.

Yep, it's costly. R11k starting + R3k for the Smart Keyboard + R2k for the Apple Pencil if you need any of those. A quality bag or satchel to carry it all can be pricey too.

But again, same RRP USD price as the Tab S4, and I think the vast majority of people would say that the iPad Pro is by far a superior experience. The horsepower in the iPad Pro is crazy, and it's about to be replaced by a new model. So don't go buying one right now.
I'm not looking to completely replace my desktop. Just have a more mobile one for quick access and updates.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'm not looking to completely replace my desktop. Just have a more mobile one for quick access and updates.
Well if you're already using a Note 8 or S9+ isn't that sufficient for quick stuff on the go?

It would be cool if Samsung's VR headset was a serious work tool instead of a gimmick, and could provide an IMAX size display for working on a desktop when worn. Could be so epic with one of those keyboard+trackpad Bluetooth all-in-ones.

Well if you're already using a Note 8 or S9+ isn't that sufficient for quick stuff on the go?

It would be cool if Samsung's VR headset was a serious work tool instead of a gimmick, and could provide an IMAX size display for working on a desktop when worn. Could be so epic with one of those keyboard+trackpad Bluetooth all-in-ones.
Not really sufficient for in meeting note taking/document on a screen type of stuff

Castlknight

Wel Samsung themself cant even supply, a release date today , and keeps on coming up with excuses !! Can some one let us know when the release date is for South Afrika ???

Sunbrat

Does anyone know if the Tab S4 is going to be released at service providers in South Africa

Sunbrat

Tab was released by Vodacom but be aware of the false advertising. There are no R3064 vouchers and the device is 4GB RAM not 6GB.Screenshot_20181122-060849_Chrome.jpg