Samsung offering Huawei trade-in offer

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Samsung offering Huawei trade-in offer

Samsung is attempting to entice smartphone customers away from Huawei by launching a trade-in programme for Huawei device owners, The Korea Times reports.

The company has launched a new campaign in Singapore, offering discounts of up to $550 on a new Samsung Galaxy S10 to customers who trade in their Huawei smartphones.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
If they did not make such k@k phones, I'd probably take them up on their offer...
Well I can't vouch for all the even numbered S models, I tend to upgrade on the odd numbers... But from the S5 to the S9, I loved all of them and never had any issues. My S5 & S7 still work great today.

Praeses

Expert Member
Well I can't vouch for all the even numbered S models, I tend to upgrade on the odd numbers... But from the S5 to the S9, I loved all of them and never had any issues. My S5 & S7 still work great today.
I still have fully working S4 and S6 Edge (in use by my SO now) phones. Only had to replace their batteries due to wear. Solid phones that just don't break :)

EasyComs

Borderline dirty tactics - may backfire if Huawei owners prove loyal
I would certainly consider trading my Samsung for a Huawei in these circumstances
Without integrity one is nothing

Crush

Clever move... SA shops and private buyers are already weary of buying Huawei phones. Spoke to a number of dealers and they already started stepping back to see how this plays out.

Can't see it being anything but bad for Huawei. Very opportunistic by Samsung. Nothing sinister about the move... they are offering trade-in deals on Apple as well.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Would your definition of 'kak' perhaps be something along the lines of best in class? Perhaps unrivaled excellence?
It's not quite the best in class and unrivaled - they've been playing second fiddle to Huawei for the last year and a half already.

But I agree they're certainly not kak

MEIOT

Expert Member
It's not quite the best in class and unrivaled - they've been playing second fiddle to Huawei for the last year and a half already.

But I agree they're certainly not kak
I can see your point - though I guess it would be subjective as well. Owning flagships from both manufacturers the past year my opinion is of course based on my own experiences.

I'd say Samsungs new range trumps anything Huawei has on the market right now. Mate X not considered.
Build quality IMO is far superior on Samsung flagships.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I'd say Samsungs new range trumps anything Huawei has on the market right now
I guess you're right in you remove the camera quality from the equation.
And maybe take out the zoom function too.
And low light abilities
And maybe turn a blind eye on the battery results too
Also the performance.

My Volvo trumps any Ferrari right now (if remove the price, power, speed, performance, handling, luxury, design ....).

hungrymamba

I can see your point - though I guess it would be subjective as well. Owning flagships from both manufacturers the past year my opinion is of course based on my own experiences.

I'd say Samsungs new range trumps anything Huawei has on the market right now. Mate X not considered.
Samsung sheep

Dolby

Honorary Master
I'd say Samsungs new range trumps anything Huawei has on the market right now
I just prefer the finer things in life
Or rather just tell us why you feel this?
Surely you have some comments on the things I've mentioned?
I think if you can substantiate, you may be taken more seriously.

Life's way too short to elevate mediocre crap I reckon.
Is this based on your M20P or P30P?

Last edited: