Samsung plans great specials on their TVs

K

kingrob

How about selling monitors only, with no tuners, so that users do not have to have a TV licence when buying one.

Think the SABC begged them to put in tuners, just so that they could squeeze more money out of the poor public.

I can't buy a TV (legally) at the moment, cos the SABC blocked the sale for a TV I purchased in 2004 and gave to my parents the same year. They want R3000 from me, so I submitted an affidavit to them, stating that my parents are using the TV.

Guess what...that was January. Still waiting for a reply from them.

I wish the SABC go bankrupt in the next 20 seconds, even with guvirmint backing.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Just a thought... wouldn't backlit provide more even lighting than the thinner side-lit LED screen? I would think the side-lit would be brightest at the screen edge and slightly dimmer in the centre.

Found this online:

Rest of the story here

So a backlit LED with full array local dimming sounds like the better option. Who cares if it 5mm thicker, you watch TV from the front, not from the sides!

So seeing as edge lit LED-LCD is inferior such as all models listed in this thread, how much does full array local dimming cost...? ;)

I'm sure kingrob would love to know.

robw

To be able to get value out of Smart TVs Telkom needs to bring it's DSL access service costs down - we need 4mbps @ the price of 384kbps!!!!

SaiyanZ

Executive Member