Samsung to sell smartphones without chargers in the box - Report

eg2505

Honorary Master
You're such a cynic :)
maybe, or Im a realist,
bit by bit they take away things until all that left is almost nothing.

first they started with Batteries, and they will finish with a clear plastic bag with only your phone.

People still use the chargers that come in the box? So you have a brick taking up a plug for every device that needs charging? How many plugs do you have in your house!?

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Without a bundled charger, smartphone packaging can be made smaller and more devices can be transported per shipment, reducing the logistical expenses of transporting the products.
Wouldn't they have to ship new chargers in any case? :unsure:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Never heard of a multiplug?
Yeah, but why would I use a new charger when the one I got 3 years ago is still working fine? Hell, for non-fast charging phones, chargers I have from 10 years ago still work fine. I mean my Note 10 I got last year still has it's charger in it's box in the garage, the fast charger from the Note 8 works just fine.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yeah, but why would I use a new charger when the one I got 3 years ago is still working fine? Hell, for non-fast charging phones, chargers I have from 10 years ago still work fine. I mean my Note 10 I got last year still has it's charger in it's box in the garage, the fast charger from the Note 8 works just fine.
I use them for various things. Charging the power banks, Raspberry pi power adapter, charging cable at work, charging cheap bluetooth earphones that came with terrible short charging cables. Most of my old phones get passed on to family members with a charger in the box. Etc.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I use them for various things. Charging the power banks, Raspberry pi power adapter, charging cable at work, charging cheap bluetooth earphones that came with terrible short charging cables. Most of my old phones get passed on to family members with a charger in the box. Etc.
Ok. I do the same, however, I don't usually need to charge more than 2-3 items at a time. I still have unboxed chargers from many of those devices you mention.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
No headphones with Xiaomi either though
Headphones no longer a must have and can be used for multiple devices.
Samsung will insist you use a phone compatible charger lest it explodes in your face.

And then proceed to screw you for one. This is blatant exploitation.

First Apple and now Samsung - the sheep will always stay loyal.