Samsung unveils ICS update schedule for Galaxy line

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Samsung has already confirmed that certain models will be getting the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update, but now they've provided the full list along with some expected release dates.

The Samsung Galaxy S II and Samsung Galaxy Note will make the jump to ICS first, in the first quarter of 2012. The Google Nexus S by Samsung is already munching on Ice Cream Sandwich, but the Nexus line is a special case.

The other Galaxy phones that will receive the update are the Galaxy S II LTE and the Galaxy R. The new tablets will be getting it too - Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7 and Tab 7.0 Plus.

The update schedule for these models will be released later on. Samsung warns that the update might come at different times depending on your market and carrier.

The rest of the Galaxy line seems to be out of luck, at least as far as official means are concerned. You can always try a custom ROM though, we've already seen the Galaxy Ace run ICS.

Source

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Pity. I was hoping the SGS would also be in line for the upgrade. So I got to wait till my next phone :(

So be it.

MDE

Expert Member
Awesome :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lupus

Honorary Master
I think that one is not supported any longer. Ik'm just getting used to honeycomb

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Samsung drops plans to release Value Pack for Galaxy S

Galaxy S users waiting for the Value Pack from Samsung are in for a disappointment. A company spokesperson has just confirmed that Samsung has dropped the plans to release the update.

gsmarena_001.jpg

As you may know, Samsung initially declined upgrading the popular Galaxy S smartphone to ICS last year, stating the lack of space on the phone as the reason. Later on they said that they will look into it, only to come back a while later and say that it's not going to happen after all. They did, however, promise a "Value Pack", which was supposed to add some useful features to the Galaxy S, found in ICS.

But now, even that's not going to happen. Once again, Samsung claims that the hardware is not capable of running the new software while staying clear of making any more promises that they cannot keep. So it seems that the Galaxy S users are going to be stuck on Gingerbread for the rest of their lives, assuming they stick to the official channel.

Shayd

Expert Member
I guess I well just wait for a stable ics rom to come out then.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk