Samsung vs Apple smartphone prices in South Africa - 2009 to 2019

untruly_yours

Let's not forget the planned obsolescence implemented by Apple.

Anyway, I have a Huawei that currently does everything I need. I understand the need to compare phones with the biggest market share but maybe also have a story about phones with similar specs from other manufacturers.

Masataka

My 2 year old iPhone is still incredibly quick, smooth and battery life hasn’t budged, whereas my past Android phones would be sluggish and out of the software update lifecycle by now.

Will definitely get more value out of this phone.

genetic

Honorary Master
There has to be a limit where people won't spend tens of thousands on a phone that is disposable. I think Apple is almost there.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
My 2 year old iPhone is still incredibly quick, smooth and battery life hasn’t budged, whereas my past Android phones would be sluggish and out of the software update lifecycle by now.

Will definitely get more value out of this phone.
Should compare apples with apples. A high end Android device will also last as long if not longer. Heck I'm still using my Galaxy Note from 2011 with Oreo.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Should compare apples with apples. A high end Android device will also last as long if not longer. Heck I'm still using my Galaxy Note from 2011 with Oreo.
Except his Apple is still running the latest software, and probably will for at least another 2 years...

Androids are lucky if they get 2 years worth of updates.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
My Ipad 2 is still running very smoothly with no problem! No updates for the OS but apps do get art regular intervals!