Samsung vs Huawei vs Apple - The best smartwatch you can buy

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator

Thor

Honorary Master
A Fitbit - why?

I don't care you think you are or what you think your habits will change to, the reality is you will NOT recharge this watch every single night.

A Fitbit tracks far more health stuff and lasts 7 days (mine is around 8) on a single charge. Shower with it too.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
A Fitbit - why?

I don't care you think you are or what you think your habits will change to, the reality is you will NOT recharge this watch every single night.

A Fitbit tracks far more health stuff and lasts 7 days (mine is around 8) on a single charge. Shower with it too.
Lol overpriced. Can get a Huawei Honor band 5 with GPS or Mi Band 4 for 1/4th the price.

Unreal

Huawei 2 week battery life with always on display
Also recently saw the Microsoft surface neo.
Why oh why am I so knee deep in the Apple ecosystem?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
A Fitbit - why?

What makes showering special? You can do that with the rest too.

And when you charge your phone you charge your watch, so not really a big issue that.

Thor

Honorary Master
What makes showering special? You can do that with the rest too.

And when you charge your phone you charge your watch, so not really a big issue that.
You are going to forget that watch on charge and miss the sleep tracking or steps for the day.

It happens even with my 8 day battery life, so by having to charge it daily you increase the likelihood.

oronte

Expert Member
I can attest to the Huawei battery life. I have the Watch GT and with heart rate monitoring always on, I've always had between 2 and 3 weeks of battery life before I have to charge (though I've set mine so that my display only turns on when I flick my wrist or tap it).

Light999

You are going to forget that watch on charge and miss the sleep tracking or steps for the day.

It happens even with my 8 day battery life, so by having to charge it daily you increase the likelihood.
Not all people are that forgetful like you seem to be. I charge my apple watch everyday and I haven't missed a single sleep tracking session.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Wait a minute... The Apple is 18hrs battery ?

That's kinda shocking.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

In the past two years I’ve forgotten to charge my watch once.

And I do sleep tracking with it more often than not.

Besides with your latter comment, If you are going to forget anyway then what difference does the battery life make?

If anything you will be more likely to forget to charge it with random multi day battery life.

Do you forget to charge your phone? So why would you forget to charge your watch?

Besides the Fitbit doesn’t even quality as a smart watch which is why it’s not in the list. It’s all about fitness and nothing else.

Last edited:

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
We compared the specifications, features, and pricing of these three new smartwatches to determine which offers the best value.
Wait I've missed that part completely ... the story promises it, but where does it say which watch offers the best value?

Instead it does what most poorly-researched tech articles does and it says one nice thing about each device, then ends on a cop-out of "oh well, somebody will like each one".

That's rubbish. One of them must objectively offer better value than the others, if the writer bothered to actually answer REAL questions like which one's software ecosystem is more intuitive to use, which one offers richer functionality with its sensors, which one has the fastest CPU in terms of quantitative benchmarking (CPU names mean nothing).

Besides which, the story PROMISED that and it didn't deliver it. So what the actual hell?

Dirtdiver

Is it thing to sleep with your watch on? I have the GT2, and its very good tracker.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Oh sweet Jesus.

Here we go again.
I just haven't really kept tabs on the watch. I just got my first watch now and assumed they were all 1+ weeks regardless of brand.

But I have Googled and it's really, um, a few hours. Cool I guess

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I just haven't really kept tabs on the watch. I just got my first watch now and assumed they were all 1+ weeks regardless of brand.

But I have Googled and it's really, um, a few hours. Cool I guess
A real smart watch or a fitness band that also tells time?

Regardless I think Apple’s quoted figures are constant usage figures or some such because I get 2 days on my small Series 3 and the bigger ones go longer.

Haven’t personally used a Series 5 but I suspect it’s one of those real world vs paper value things.

Either way as long as it gets through a full heavy day without charging it’s inconsequential to me, just like a phone I’ll charge it every night regardless.

I don’t know about the others but the charge times on the Apple Watch is also pretty Damon fast. When I do sleep track all I need to do is charge it while I go shower (once a day in the morning) and that gets me through to next day etc.

Seems their quotes figure is indeed for the most extreme use case as I suspected.